The Grid seach stoped working

filters work but type into seach and it has stoped working correctly. no results. turn off on other plug-ins still nothing
not sure what to do https://parkviewhomes.info/model-homes/

Hi @davidabc,

Thank you for writing in, I see your X and Cornerstone is not up to date, please do the following:

• Ensure that you are fully up to date. WordPress, Theme, and Cornerstone (Version Compatibility)

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. Please deactivate this caching features while we tackle this issue.

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Please provide us login credentials in a secure note if nothing works.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello @davidabc,

You might be having a caching issue. Please keep in mind that since you have installed a caching plugin WP Fastest Cache, please clear your plugin cache and regenerate the minified JS/CSS files before testing your site. This can cause the changes to not take place on the front end. It will eventually show up when the cache regenerates, but it’s not ideal if you’re looking to see your changes immediately.

If still, the search is not working, can you please completely disable WP Fastest Cache first? We would love to check your grid settings. Please provide us access to your site. You can send us your WP credentials in a secure note when you reply. To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

I am not sure why you are getting the Ad. Are you referring to a Google Ad? Google displays targeted ads maybe that is why you are seeing it.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hey @davidabc,

The login credentials you’ve posted in the Secure Note doesn’t work. Please check.

Thanks.

Hello David,

I have successfully logged in to your site. It is unusual because the WP Fastest cache plugin is already deactivated yet when you view your site even in incognito mode, a certain cache JS file is still being served. There is a JS error in it and this might be causing the search issue. Are you sure that your server does not have any caching mechanism? Please log in to your GoDaddy account and make sure to flush the GoDaddy cache and test your site again.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi @davidabc,

I wonder if you followed up with the hosting service provider regarding the point that my colleague mentioned? You said that the hosting is AWS, so please contact their help and ask for more details and caching issue.

Thank you.

Hi @davidabc,

Are you trying to search specific keyword present within the content? Currently in your builder version, the v2 elements aren’t searchable within the grid.

I recommend adding a classic text element to your page content where the specific text is added. Right now, the source of that grid are pages that are created within the builder.

Thanks!

I am not sure if you answered to my colleague or not. The Thread is open you should be able to add your reply without the Secure Note.

If you still have problem I suggest that you open up a new thread and follow up the case there.

Thank you.

Im not sure I understand what you are saying…

The search input is part of the grid and is used to looks for the names of the models, its not a global search.
and its always worked until the last update of the theme.

All errors fixed… grid search still not working.

the only place I could reply until now was the Secure Note, thanks for adding the reply button back :slight_smile:

Hi @davidabc,

The Search of Grid here works fine (although that grid there seems to have a different setup)

I see you’re using WP Fastest Cache on the live site (https://parkviewhomes.info/model-homes), please Clear and Deactivate that for awhile, then remove (or comment out) the custom scripts you added on the Theme Options > JS and Page JS, and see if that resolve the issue.

And update the X and Cornerstone (6.5.6 and 3.5.5) to the latest version because that is the version you have on the working one.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

Thanks,

I can’t believe so many people the work here have looked at this and you give me the same answer as the very first reply. It’s actually my test site we have been working on… and if you look you will see this has all been done on the test site, and still don’t work. XTheem is the problem!

By the way, my test site doesn’t work AT ALL NOW! I have not touched it…
All my filters have been removed by someone!?

this is ridiculous!

Hi @davidabc,

Sorry for the back and forth, there is a bit of confusion on the previous reply, you provided a live page showing the issue, but you provided credentials for a dev site that almost look identical URL so we did not notice. It ends up we are checking the backend of the dev site, and checking the front-end of the live site without realizing its a different site so we thought your site is heavy cache because of the settings did not correlate.

I’m not sure what happened to the Grid on your test site, I only cleared the cache under The Grid > Global Settings, and honestly, that grid already look like that before I clear the cache. When I test the search of that grid though it is working, so besides the looks of the grid what could it be the difference between your live site and test site, those I speculate on my last reply, WP Fastest Cache, Custom scripts, X and Cornerstone version.

Thanks,