The Grid Plugin Loading Issues

Hello,

I am having an issue with The Grid plugin that comes bundled with Pro. I have a large grid that doesn’t load correctly in all browsers. The issue I am running into is that the images in the grid are not all justified. Its like the images above the fold are, but the ones below in the grid become square. I was hoping to contact the plugin support but when I try to access their support forum I am asked for a purchase code from envato. Do I just use my purchase code for Pro?

If you have any suggestions for how to fix the issue I am having or how I can access the support forum for the plugin I would be most grateful.

Thanks for your help!

Hello Matt,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

Support is upon us as The Grid is a bundled plugin that comes with Pro Theme. For the problem you are facing, please try out following solutions and let us know how it goes:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Hi Prasant,

Thanks for the suggestions. I checked the compatibility doc and it says the latest version supported is 2.6.7 and I am running 2.5.5. Maybe I just need to update? How do I update The Grid? Wordpress isn’t prompting me that there is any available updates.

The issues isn’t happening on Chrome, but seems to be present in all other browsers I have tested (Edge, Firefox, and Safari). Not sure if is a plugin conflict because if it was wouldn’t the issue be visible on all browsers? I can run through this though if you think it is a possibility.

I am wondering if it is because of the size of the grid. Could it be that that it is too large? If so, is there anything I can do to help with the loading? Here is a link to the page if that is helpful https://www.cmacan.org/international-workers/.

I have tried to use the ajax loading to help with the issue and it seems to work well, but my issue then is the filters and search only query the items that are actually loaded in the gird. I need it to load all possible options. :expressionless:

Thanks for your support.

Best,

Matt

Hello Matt,

Did you already updated the plugin? When I check your page I am already seeing the grid. By the way, the filters and search only query the items that are actually loaded in the gird. It does not give your results that is not loaded in the grid. This filter and the search is useful especially if you have loaded several number of items into the grid.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi Rue,

I am not sure how to update the plugin. I mentioned wordpress is not giving me the option to update. Could you tell me where I go to download the latest plugin file?

Yeah, I understand that the filters and search only work with the items loaded into the grid. This is why I am forcing all items to load initially. I am wondering if this could be causing my issue? Is there a way to have the filters look outside what is populated in the grid?

Thanks for your help.

Best,

Matt

Hi Matt,

There is no downloadable plugin here in the forum/Apex and all bundled plugins are installable in Admin > Pro > Validation. The workaround that I can suggest is to delete your The Grid plugin through FTP, and install it back through Admin > Pro > Validation and it will install the latest bundled version.

But again, you should able to update it unless it’s not validated with the applicable purchase key. Please try going to Admin > Dashboard > Updates and click the Check Again to force it. The update list should appear blow it.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

When I installed the plugin I installed via the Pro bundled plugins area. On the plugin page it states “This is an exclusive deal for X users only. Your validated X license unlocks all features of The Grid including the skin builder. Updates are distributed automatically by Themeco as well as support provided in our forum.” How does Themeco distribute these updates?

Best,

Matt

Hello again,

I have removed the plugin and readded it. The plugin has been updated, but the issue still persists. My justified grid appears as a square grid in fire fox, edge, and safari when first loaded. When you use the filter and the grid reloads it is perfectly good. Any suggestions?

Best,

Matt

Hi Matt,

We only provide the updates for bundled plugin, there are some features that author will or may restrict until you buy a license directly from them. But you should able to use the full features of the grid including its skin builder.

As for the issue, looks like it’s not finished rendering the grid and it just displayed it (first 4 tests). And yes, it fixes itself once you trigger it by any action like filtering, window resize, and so on.

Then after 5th reloading, it works upon page reload then the issue reappears upon the scroll. And next tests are random, it’s somehow or could be related to loading order of the script and it’s executed with asynchronous order. Do you have existing optimization of your site? I recommend disabling them and test it again and please provide your admin login credentials in a secure note and I’ll test it again.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.