The Grid plugin and Gravity Forms signature ad-on conflict

Hi Team,

I’m having an issue where the javascipt being loaded through “the grid” plugin is affecting my gravity form. I believe it’s a combination of using conditional logic and having the signature ad-on enabled as it onlyt seams to happen on forms with the signature. It adds a display:none inline style to the gravity form wrapper: https://imgur.com/a/H7UlH

If I disable the grid plugin, it does work.

Is there a way to limit the javascript etc for the grid ONLY to blog related pages / pages that are actually using it? It seams like overkill to load it on each page anyways and in this case it is causing conflict.

thank you in advance

Hello @reform,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

You can take a look at following tutorial (not specific to the grid plugin) to restrict plugin resources loading everywhere:

Thanks.

Ok awesome! So judging by this example: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/6774424/wordpress-disable-plugin-on-specific-pages-posts/6981957#6981957

I would just need to modify 1. what scripts i want removed, and then just wrap it in an if else statement indicating which pages to execute it on?

So I tried this:

add_action(‘wp_head’, ‘the_grid’, 999);

if ( is_page(324) ) {
function remove_the_grid() {
remove_action(‘wp_head’, ‘the_grid_enqueue_styles’);
remove_action(‘wp_head’, ‘the_grid_enqueue_scripts’);
remove_action(‘wp_head’, ‘the_grid’);
wp_dequeue_script( ‘the_grid’ );
}
add_action(‘wp_head’, ‘remove_the_grid’, 1);
} else {
return;
}

I’m not getting errors but it’s not working either. I’m not sure where to find the action hook for the plugin. Or at least what to put for the grid in the remove_action and wp_dequeue_script. Where might i find this? I tried looking through some of the plugin files but wasn’t sure where to find it.

I think i’m pretty close though!

Hi there,

We do not have reports like this that is why we need to investigate more regarding this and we need more information. The suggestion that my colleague gave can work but it will be a temporary fix. We will need to find the root cause and report this to Gravity Forms and The Grid developers.

Please kindly get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using the Secure Note. Game please give us step by step guide on how to recreate the issue you are experiencing.

It will be helpful if you also share with us your website FTP access in the Secure Note:

1. FTP Server Name
  2. FTP Port Number
  3. FTP Username
  4. FTP Password

That will help us to access the child theme file if needed to implement the temporary fix. Meanwhile please confirm that if it is a conflict between two original plugins or the add-on of the gravity form.

Finally, I should mention that we will do our best to help you out on this matter but please consider that it is a conflict between two third-party plugins, even if it is listed as our suggested extensions we do not have inside-out knowledge of the case and the best way to get a hand in support is to contact the gravity form plugin Developers.

Thank you for your understanding.

Ok, so here is a page where I have a gravity form using both conditional logic and with the signature ad-on field enabled. http://hybridpharm.com/forms/patient-registration-form/

As you can see in this image: https://imgur.com/a/O9KPJ The gravity for element on the page is being assigned a display none to the entire wrapper. There is something getting messed up with the java script interfering.

To figure out where the issue was:

1. I disabled all plugins to see which one was causing the issue. If I remove/disable “The Grid” Plugin, the form will work and also If I keep the Grid enabled, but disable to signature ad-on, the form will also show. So it is one interfering with the other.

2. If I leave all plugins active, but remove the sign-on field from the form. The form will then work.

What is strange is that in the global settings for The Grid, there is a switch to include the scrips globally, or just where the shortcode is used. See this image: https://imgur.com/a/lHyJP I do have this turned off so as to not include it globally, but it doesn’t seam to be doing that.

As mentioned, I was trying some code (see last post) to disable the scrips from loading on that page. Admittedly my php skills arn’t great and I wasn’t sure where to find the action hooks for the script enqueues so it’s not working. Not sure if that matters anyways as the built in global include/disinculde option isn’t working either

I do very much understand this is getting close to being past what reasonable support you should offer. It’s just a huge bummer as we paid allot more for the ability to have the signature field as part of our forms.

I very much appreciate the help. I’ll attach the login info now as well :slight_smile:

Hi reform

I’ve checked your website and I can see you are using an old version of “The Grid” plugin and also an old version of “Gravity Forms Signature Add-On” please update both plugins to the latest stable version and recheck this issue.

Regarding updating The Grid plugin, kindly backup your website then delete the plugin from the dashboard then reinstall it again from (X > Validation) page.

Thanks.

Ok!

So the signature ad on I did update when I posted this, but I guess they updated again in the last couple days.
I have updated that.

With the Grid update, I thought they were updated automatically, or at least that it would tell me there is an update, so long as I had the license code validated. I went in and updated and voila! Problem solved :slight_smile:

Is there a way moving forward to know if the bundled plugins have updates / new version numbers? Just seams like a lot of work to go in and check each manually. If that doesn’t exist, perhaps something for the future? Just to have in the dashboard on the activated bundled plugins the current version and what the newest version is. Perhaps this exists , i just didn’t see it.

Thank you mucho!

Hi there,

You have your theme installation validate so you should be getting the automatic updates for X and its bundled plugins. Though please note that automatic updates do not mean that X and the plugins will automatically update. It is that you will be able to update on the dashboard in a few clicks.

Additionally, you can keep track of the latest supported versions of X and the plugins here:

Hope this helps.

Strange! Not sure why it didn’t let me know there was an update. I do always try to update everything before asking for help. So thank you for helping and i’ll keep a better eye to ensure the bundled plugins are infact letting me know there are available updates.

Hi there,

Sure! In case that you will still not see any update. try revoking the validation then validate the theme again.

You can find the revoke option on X > Validate and it is at the bottom of the page.

Great tip! And I did do just that :slight_smile: sometimes just disabling and re-enabling can solve the issue. Thanks again!

You are most welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.