The Grid not working on Pro pages

When I add a “The Grid” element to a page in the pro editor it look like:

When I add it to a default WordPress page as a shortcode it looks like:

As it should. These are the same grids in both images. I also tried adding it as a shortcode on the pro page in a text element and in a content area element, but I get the same result. I also tried adding the same grid to a blank test page in pro, to make sure it wasn’t something else on the page interfering, but the result was the same.

I am not sure if this is due to the recent update, it is my first time adding a grid element to a pro page as I have been testing pro migrating away from Visual Composer in a test environment.

Thank you for any insight.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! This should have happened. Did you set a maximum width in your column settings? The column should be wide enough for the grid to display. If the width of the grid is dependent to the column container width. Would you mind providing the url of the page in question so that we can investigate?

Best Regards.

Thank you for taking a look

Hi there,

I’ve taken a look and it seems like the javascript for The Grid isn’t being enqueued on the page. This means the content will output, but it doesn’t get arranged as a grid and none of the interactive behavior is setup. I tested on a another site and it’s working there, so it seems like there might be a conflict with something on your site. Would you mind added login credentials in a secure note? We could take a closer look at what’s going on to find out why that’s happening.

Hi Alexander,

Your reply was a great clue for where to look.
By checking “Include The Grid library globally” I was able to get it working. It seems like visual composer and plain shortcodes are triggering the smart loading, but having it on a pro page was not.

I think at this point I am all set. The library overhead isn’t that high on pages where it is not used.

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for letting us know and sharing the solution.

Cheers

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.