The Grid not showing, code is there, but images are not

I have a page (https://coloradocustomspas.com/installation-ideas/) built with The Grid plugin. I’ve recently updated everything (X Theme, WPBakery, Cornerstone, etc etc etc) but the Grid images are no longer showing.

The HTML code is there, and ‘something’ shows on the page since I see ‘+’ signs on roll-over, but the images do not show up.

I’ve tried running Debug mode, but all that shows is a PHP Notice about Visual Composer and undefined variables.

I’ve also tried raising the Memory Limit but that didn’t fix it either.

What else could it be? How can I get those Grids back? Or, get them to show?

Hello @walt,

Thanks for writing in!

I have inspected your page and I have seen a JS error on the page. This could be due to old cache minified js file since you have installed a caching or minify plugin. I am not really sure of the name of the plugin. My only only is that it has a jch optimize keyword in the cache js files. Please clear all your caches and regenerate the cache and minified file. You may also temporarily disable the caching or minify plugin and test your site.

Please let us know how it goes.

Well darn. I thought I had already removed all the Caching plugins.

Ugh, thanks for the quick fix! That page is working again!

Is there a Cache plugin than plays nicely with XTheme, Cornerstone, VC, etc? One you could recommend?

Thanks again!

Hey @walt,

All caching plugins works great with the theme. You just need to clear the cache regularly especially if you encounter any issues.

Regards.

Except that doesn’t appear to be the case…or maybe the issue isn’t the cache.

I am using JCH Optimize Pro, which includes a caching piece. If I deactivate that Plugin, The Grid works. If it is active, The Grid doesn’t work.

I’ve cleared the cache in that Plugin, but that wasn’t the issue.

So, my question then is, is there something JCH Optimize Pro is doing that would affect The Grid? Is it the minify? Maybe image compression?

Point being, whatever it is, if that Plugin is active, The Grid doesn’t work. I’m leaving it disabled for now, but if you have suggestions, they are appreciated.

Hi,

I checked your site and can see an error in the console. Please remove the js script that you have added in Theme Options > JS

Then try to exclude the grid js file from minification in JCH Optimize Pr

https://coloradocustomspas.com/wp-content/plugins/the-grid/frontend/assets/js/the-grid.min.js?ver=2.7.1

Hope that helps

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.