The Grid not ordering properly

Hi there I am using The Grid to order some products which have metadata assigned to them, but some of the items are in the wrong place in the order - these items are ordered by their maximum facing range (here 24", 12", and 40"). Of course the 24" and 12" items are in the wrong order. I have checked all the metadata and everything looks fine, I can’t see why this is happening. It is the same on other grids using metadata, this is not the only Grid where things aren’t sorted properly.

The link to this problem is: http://miragemachines.wpengine.com/products/flange-facing-machines/

Any help would be appreciated

Hi @fullstreet,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you please first follow the documentation on filter / sorting https://theme-one.com/docs/the-grid/#filter_settings

Let us know how this goes!

Hi Nabeel

I have gone through the documentation and everything is completely in order, I have used the sorting with metadata functions in the past and haven’t come across this issue

My metadata keys are all set up correctly - as far as I am aware everything is done by the book and still items are out of order

Thanks

Joe

Hi Joe,

It looks like the grid is sorted by title, please do a testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Also, please check the The Grid if it is the Latest Supported Version: 2.6.70

Let us know how it goes,

Provide us login credentials in a secure note if nothing works.

Thanks,

Hi Friech

Thanks for your response - I have checked for plugin conflicts and the problem still persists. Please find login credentials in a secure note

Thanks again

Hello Joe,

To order the grid items, you must edit your grid and ensure that you have set up the ordering of the items which can be done in the Grid Settings > Source.

I am not sure if this is the correct meta name. Please edit it and supply the correct name of the meta data.

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

Hi RueNel thanks for getting back to me, your reply really helped

I have added in the meta key under the Sources tab, I had only previously been adding the meta key filters under the Filter/Sort tab. It seems to be using the meta key to sort now, although this now reveals one last problem -

The numbers only seem to work off the first number for which is highest, i.e. 8 is next to 80 (and higher than 40), and 120 is next to 12.

I can’t see any options to switch between the two, unless I’m missing something. Changing 8 to 08 moved it to the right place, but I’d rather not have to do that for all my values. Also this doesn’t change 120 being next to 12.

Do you know any way this can be fixed?

Hey Joe,

The Meta Value does not respect the numbers. You should use the Numeric Meta Value.

After that, you will still encounter a problem with ordering caused by the Masonry script. You should enable the Item Fit Row under Grid Settings > Grid > Items

Hope that helps.

@christian_y

You absolute genius, that appears to have solved my problem

Thanks so much!

Glad we were able to help :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.