The Grid - New Display and Organization Issues

Hello.

I am using The Grid to load different blog archives on karenmullarkey.com/blog-2. After months of working fine, all of the Grids I have created are no longer working properly.

**They look fine in The Grid previews, but when I view them live, they are not showing the proper categories or pagination. It is just showing all posts.

Things I have tried:
1.) Clearing cache with hosting provider
2.) Clearing cache within The Grid plugin itself
3.) Creating new Grid and inserting on page using cornerstone
4.) Creating new page and new Grid and inserting using cornerstone.
5.) Trying only categories instead of tags
6.) Trying tags instead of categories
7.) Creating new tags and new categories

Summary

Login: themeco
PW: ThemeCoPassword1!#

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in! After investigating your site, it turns out that you are using an older version of the Grid plugin. Please update it to the latest version which is 2.3.5. Please see this page for the latest versions: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195

To update it, kindly deactivate TheGrid plugin first and then hit the update now button.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you for this. I’m confused on why I need to deactivate the plugin before I can update it. Is this the case now with all bundled plugins with X theme?

I guess more importantly, will I need to deactivate the any other bundled plugins to have them show up as needing an update? The Grid didn’t show it needed an update in my WP dash.

Ok, so while waiting, I tested one bundled plugin. “x - white label”. It was indeed an older version, and never gave me an option to update it. When I went to "x> overview > x -whitelabel, I was able to deactive and install the new version. Now, however, there are two plugins. Just “White Label” and the old “X - White Label”.

Please don’t tell me I need to download all of these “updates” when in reality they are new plugins. I can’t go reconfigure all of these across all of my client’s sites in order to get the most updated version.

Why is this happening?

Hello There,

Sorry for the inconvenience. To better explain as why the plugin updates were changed, please check out the detailed information from our changelog:
https://theme.co/changelog/#white-label-2-0-0

Regarding your The Grid plugin, I ask you to deactivate because it seems that your current version does not display the update now button. You should be seeing the update now button when the Grid plugin is deactivated.

Please let us know how it goes.

RueNel,

Thanks for letting me know about the upgrade. The Grid is still not working properly (doing the same as before). Please advise.

Hi there,

I did go to your website and checked a few things but could not find the page which you are talking about, is it the draft one?

I added a new Test Grid and new Test page and tried to add the grid on that page but again in Cornerstone it shows nothing and without it, it shows all blog posts and not the Training which has only 4 posts.

To make sure if this is something happening on your case or a widespread problem I checked the same case on my local installation and it worked correctly.

That is why I guess this must be something related to your environment.

The troubleshooting steps that I can think of are as follows which I suggest that you follow: (You may need to duplicate your website to a staging server to make sure changes will not affect the live website)

• Check for 3rd party plugin conflicts. Deactivate all 3rd party plugins except The Grid and Cornerstone and see if the problem persists by adding a new grid and page.

• Change your Child Theme and use the original theme and see if it fixes the problem

• Ask GoDaddy if it is possible to turn off all cache systems they have on their side temporarily for testing purposes.

• Remove any kind of Custom Code you may have in X > Launch > Options > JS

Thank you.