The Grid Inline Styling Issue

Hello everyone. My website uses The Grid to display all the videos I have available on my website, which for most videos you have to be a member to view. If you go to this page

https://www.westcoastswingonline.com/patterns/beginner/

You will see that there’s three sections, under paid membership you’ll (probably only) see 2 videos, however if you inspect those elements you’ll find that there are more elements that have inline styling where the display set to none, and the position to absolute, which forces everything to not show and be stacked on top of each other.

This is something that has happened recently and I don’t know what to do to fix it or what could be causing it. To me it looks like there’s some JS adding inline styling to the grid elements, but it’s not doing it properly. Need help!

Thanks.

Hello Brian,

Thanks for writing in! Do you use a 3rd party plugin to hide or disable the video which are only for the paid members? Those videos should not be loaded in the first place if the videos are intended for paid members. Please check out your 3rd party plugin and make sure that it is up to date. If you can only let us know how it was set up, then it would be a good one since we already inspected the page and there is no error or any JS script that adds the display: none; to the videos.

Please let us know how it goes.

Hi! Thanks for your response.

So under the Grid plugin settings I go to the grid that’s being used and I see that under Media settings the item format is set to Gallery, which I’ve noticed prevents the actual video from popping up in the lightbox and playing. The other grid that is shown to paid members instead has the Video setting checked. See image attached.

We have a third party plugin (ConvertPlus) that is set to show a pop up when a non member clicks on the video (to get them to convert to a paying member).

I honestly do not know for sure if we have another third party plugin manipulating the content on the page. I recently took over this website from another developer.

Thanks!

Hi,

You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If that doesn’t help, please provide is your wordpress admin login in Secure Note

Thanks

Hi Paul, so what I did was go through the plugins on my local copy of the website and compared it to the live site. I thought maybe it was some of the plugin upgrades I did recently on the live site (which I hadn’t done on the local copy) and I think that may be it because I updated the plugin Essential Addons for Cornerstone & Pro on my local copy and I saw the issue show up. So I think it’s this plugin, which I can’t turn off because when I do no content appears. Does this help?

Thanks.

My mistake, the plugin I updated was Global Blocks for Cornerstone and X Pro.

Hi again,

I see you’re having an issue with a third party plugin, regretfully, we cannot provide support for third party plugins or scripts as our support policy in the sidebar states due to the fact that there is simply no way to account for all of the potential variables at play when using another developer’s plugin or script. Because of this, any questions you have regarding setup, integration, or troubleshooting any piece of functionality that is not native to X will need to be directed to the original developer.

In the mean time you can download and install the previous version (the working version) of the plugin to resolve the issue. To do this go to the plugin’s site https://wordpress.org/plugins/global-blocks-for-cornerstone/advanced/ and scroll down until you find PREVIOUS VERSIONS, there you’ll see a dropdown, select the version and download.

However I’d suggest you to use the native Global Blocks feature instead please see https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/global-blocks/24723

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.