The Grid Gallery randomize photo order

Hi you all,

I am working on this “The Grid” gallery right now and I try to randomize the order of the photos but - even though these feature is mentioned in the settings, it doesn’t change anything.

Do i manually customize it, if so, how can I do that?

Thanks for your great support!

Cheers

Hey there,

Under Source > Ordering, please choose Random

I did that in my test site and the grid content displays in random order.

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

that’s exactly what I did too. But still, there is no change in the order of my pictures.

Any clue what could block this?

Thank you so much,

Georg

Hi Georg,

In that case, would you mind sharing your site URL, and credentials on a secure note? Also the grid that is in question.

For the mean time, make sure to clear cache in case you have a caching plugin.

We can also do a basic troubleshooting. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi you all,

thanks for your support. And yes, I cleared the cache and it still did not change anything. The plugins are mainly just from the X-Theme and WooCommerce. So I guess it can’t be the problem.

That’s why I send you now the URL and credentials.

Thanks so much!

Hi there,

First of all please kindly change the password of your website as you publicly added the login information. I edited your post and deleted the information, but to be safe side please change the password. You will need to use the Secure Note functionality of the post to make sure the information you give us is safe.

The Random functionality of The Grid plugin will not work unless you clear and deactivate the Super Cache plugin completely. Only clearing the cache will not help as it will cache again and you will see the same image.

Thank you.

Hi there,

wow, what did i do? I confused the Secure Note functionality.
Thanks for advising me.

Okay, I deactivated the Super Cache plugin but still it doesn’t do any change.
I installed this plugin after the problem appeared, I thought maybe it could help somehow - but yeah, no, it did not.

I changed my password, it is updated in the secure note.

Any other advise?

Thanks so much for the support.

Hi George,

I am able to check. Random order is not working because Custom Order is working on that grid.

Since you have added images on that part of the grid, order will depend on the Custom Order where in you can just arrange the image by dragging on its correct position. I made Random Grid sample. Random order is working there, please compare it to what you have.

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much.

Weirdly when I adjusted everything like your “random”-Grid it still didn’t work. But then i just made a new one - and it worked.

Strange but now everything is fine.

Thanks again, Lely!

You are always welcome!

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.