The Grid doesn't load

Hello X Theme,

I have an problem with a site were i use The Grid to show custom post types. I have used this method on several sites with no problem but on this one the Grid doesn’t load or sometimes it appears after a while.

Do you have an idea what could solve this?

The url is: https://www.paradigmum.nl/paradepaardjes/

Hi,

Try to reduce the item number and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks

Hi Paul,

Thx for the reply. I’ve set it to 5 but still the same problem.

Sometimes it loads fast but if i refresh or try with an other browser nothing loads.

Often if i check the codes with the developer tools from chrome the grid suddenly appears. Same with view source from safari.

Hi There,

This seems to be a conflict with third-party plugins or custom code.

Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Custom code syntax error. If you have a child theme, please enable the child theme and check if the issue still exists. If you have entered any custom JS or CSS into their respective editors. Please review the code for any syntax errors. A mis-placed semi-colon or a missing bracket will cause the issue you’re seeing.

If you could please try the above and if you still have the issue we’d be more than happy to assist.
Please provide following information:
Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password
  • FTP credentials
    All the best!

Hi,

Thx for the reply.

I think i found the problem because when i deactivate the Superfly plugin the Grid works fine. But i really would like to use the superbly menu on this site. I think i did nothing special with custom coding on the Superfly menu.

maybe you can find the problem?

Hi There @Timmid

Upon further investigating, I see that your issue should be related to the PHP version that you’re running on your server (v5.4.45). Could you please try updating your PHP version running on your server to at least v5.6.x or later to avoid incompatibility issues.

Some hosting providers allow you to switch PHP versions through their web hosting control panel. If you don’t see such option, please contact your hosting provider and ask them to update it for you.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Hi,

Thx for the reply.

I updated the PHP version to v5.6.37. At this point i still experience the same problem from my side.

Hi There,

Could you please contact to your hosting provider to change the Upload Max. Filesize and Max. Post Size to 64MB?

Let us know how it goes!

Hi There,

I asked the hosting provider to increase max file and post size. Max file size is now 64M en post size 16M.

In the mean time I did some testing on an other website were I also have The Grid installed and have the same kind of page. If I activate Superfly menu there the Grid also breaks and doesn’t load.

On that website with an other hosting provider the max file and post size is 96M so i don’t think that is the problem but Superfly Menu is causing this.

Is there a fix to have both plugins work on a website?

Hi @Timmid

I’ve checked your website and I can see that you are running an old version of “The Grid” plugin and also “Superfly Menu” plugin, you will have to make sure all plugins installed are up to date according to this guide:

Check this guide to know how to update theme and plugins to the latest stable version:

Thanks.

All the plugins are up to date but still the same problem. With Superfly Menu activated The grid doesn’t load.

Hello There,

I have checked your site and I am seeing both the SuperFly and The Grid.

Somehow this issue is intermittent because when I refresh the page, I encounter the issue. After a few browser refresh, the grid shows up again. Could you please provide us your ftp details so that we can investigate further?

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

I have the same problem, sometimes it shows but most off the time the Grid doesn’t load. With Superfly deactivated the grid works well.

here are the ftp details.

Hey @Timmid,

The FTP credentials does not work. I tested deactivating the grid’s preloader and it loaded up the contents.

I’m currently not sure why Superfly affects the loading though. This does not happen in my test site. Would you mind copying your site in a staging server so we could test X, Cornerstone, Superfly and the Grid?

Thanks.

The FTP details work fine on my end.

I have no idea how to set up a Stagging server. I did test Superfly on 2 other websites were i have the Grid plugin set up like this and on all of them The Grid doesn’t load if i activate Superlfy Menu.

Hey @Timmid,

Further testing, I discovered that the grid won’t show after the third reload in incognito mode (see https://youtu.be/9avROFskRv8). It’s slightly different than what my colleagues described.

I logged in to your server and saw you don’t have .htaccess. I went to Settings > Permalinks and clicked the Save Changes button but WordPress won’t generate an htaccess. I uploaded the basic htaccess that WordPress provides and I the grid won’t load anymore.

This lead me to conclude that something in your server or WordPress setup is causing this. Moreover, The Grid and Superfly plays nicely in all my test sites.

For that reason, we really would need you to setup a staging copy of your site because we need to remove all the third party plugins and modify your setup. If we apply those troubleshooting procedures in your live site, it will be down and there’s a risk it will break.

To learn how to setup a staging site, please visit this link https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-create-staging-environment-for-a-wordpress-site/

There’s an easier alternative, if you would accept, and that is to switch to using the Essential Grid which is bundled in X also.

Thanks.

Thx for the help so far.

I tried Essential Grid and it works fine so i’m going for the easy and fast sollution.

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.