The Grid, categories, tags etc visible items number in filter/sort not visible in filter on page

Hi there,
I have problem with The Grid. I am trying to set proper filter. On left side of filter/sort tab I see elements with proper numbers of them (eg. filter one(2), wilter two(34) etc). When I add them to a new filter their numbers are also visible. But they are not visible in preview. Also only thing I see is filter with elements number that were valid few days ago - with only one element of each. eg. filter one (1) filter two (1) fitler 3 (1). Those numbers are not valid - I have checked if images/posts have those categories and thay do not. have them.

I have tried with multiple filtering elements: tags, categories, post type and there is no difference on grid page…
Is there any kind of cache that needs to be cleared in The Grid, some kind of refreshing it or forcing to “download” meta data from imags or posts? for me it looks like issue of that kind.

Hey @tfstudiopl,

Thanks for providing information about the issue. However, it is not enough for us to understand what exactly is happening. With that said, would you mind providing a more detailed, possibly step by step guide for us to replicate your issue? Screenshots or screencast would also be very helpful.

Also check for the following:

1. Ensure the bundled plugins are up to date according to our version compatibility list at https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-version-compatibility/195. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins to avoid update issues. See https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62 for more details.

2. Clear all caches including browser cache then deactivate your caching plugins and other optimization plugins.

3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.

4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

5. Remove custom CSS, Javascript and templates.

Thanks.

@christian_y I have created detailed explanation of problem, but some idea came to me by accident.
I have manualy removed all items from grid and re-added them.

And now it looks like it might be the problem

My workflow was like that: I have added media, then added them to grid, and them I have customized them (changing categories etc). It looks like The Grid is not updating meta info/categories etc on the fly and there is no refreshing option (I am writing it because someone with similiar problem might use this to solve his problem).

But please, don’t close this topic for about 3 days, I will test some settings in slideshow and I might use your help. If everything will be fine, I will also describe my problem and solution.

Regards.

Hi @tfstudiopl,

Thanks for writing in.

No worries, this topic will be close after 10 days without reply.

Yes, Please share us your answer and solution it woul help a lot people.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Hi, after my investigation it looks like The Grid is not working properly when in grid are more than one type of media.

My example was as follows:
I have grid with posts (gallery type post) and images (manually added).
All of them was having categories, list of categories (and number of items that are from that kind of category) were visible in filter customization tab in The grid settings.
When categories were added to filter, number of items (in bracket) is still proper.
But on the page there is some kind of error - filtering is not working, in brackets there is visible only number of images with given category. So filtering is not working.

What I did to fix this problem (unfortunately hard way) - i have removed images and all items were of one kind - posts. And to have all images visible in gallery - I have created post for each single image (and I changed type of post to gallery type) and now filtering is working.

Can you tell me if there is different approach to fixing my problem, or are you even able to reproduce my error?

Hello @tfstudiopl,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Can you please share the login details in a secure note? I am not quite able to replicate the problem on my local setup.

Thanks.

Hello, because of problems with theme customization (filtering of gallery post type based on categories and problem with facetwp integration) I had to use antoher theme. If problem will occure in the future (if I will need some of features that I have described here), I will contact with you in new post.

Thank you for your time and efforts,
regards.

Hi @tfstudiopl,

Sure, please let us know. And yes, please open a new thread for further issues as long as it’s still related to the theme.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.