The Grid and Vimeo Albums not displaying

Hi, we’re were wanting to use The Grid in order to display an Vimeo Album.
Currently when we select the source to be vimeo, then select the Vimeo source to display as an album it just throws the error “Sorry, an error occurs from Vimeo API: Something strange occurred. Please contact the app owners.”

Through essential grid we’re able to select each vimeo video individually and display them, but we would like to just select an entire album.

The videos Privacy are set to: Hide this video from Vimeo
The Embed option is set to: anywhere

The Albums Privacy is set to: Hide this Album from Vimeo

1 Like

Hi @fearofpudding,

Thanks for reaching out.

Would you mind providing your site’s URL and admin login credentials in a secure note? And please provide the following for testing off your site.

Vimeo API
Vimeo Secret key
Vimeo API Token

And please provide them in a secure note.

And your videos or album should be accessible from the public or else, they will not be listed.

Cheers!

I have also this problem, wether I am connecting to an user, a channel or an album, and independently of the privacy settings.

I checked the code inside to return the ‘developer message’ from vimeo API call and it says:

No user credentials were provided

As far as i can understand the code is initially sent properly to vimeo, then returns a temporal token which is used to do the final call, but then we get this. Just a few weeks ago it used to work as expected, I was using this since May in our front-page.

Everything points to an update on the API from Vimeo and “The grid” require an update to adapt to this new API.

Essential Grid now is the only one which works with this.

Im looking forward to hearing new ideas of how to solve this,
i can update the “vimeo-class.php” file by myself as a workaround if you know the changes that has to be updated.

Hi @soportex,

Unfortunately, we’re not sure what was changed so we could only forward this issue to the grid developer. And based in your provided information, it could be API related which is outdated.

I’ll add this to our issue tracker, but would you mind providing more information where it says it requires an update to adapt the new API? Screenshot would be helpful too so they know what’s need updating.

Thanks!

Hi again,
The issue is inside the file “vimeo.class.php” with the route:

The Grid -> includes -> source-type -> vimeo.class.php

I traced with basic programming skills that the function calling the final error is “get_response($url)”, and there are only 2 methods calling it:

1. _makeCall($type, $id, $page = null)
  2. get_user($user)

Since it seems the api is doing an initial handshake correctly I believe that the issue is either found in any of those functions, perhaps the string required to the server is now outdated.

I will attach the functions involved here (ignore the comments related to Instagram, they just forgot to change the comments while copying the code):

Hope this helps you and The grid team to track the issue easily.

Hi There @soportex & @fearofpudding

I have reported this to the relevant department and they will inform plugin developers about this incident.

Thank you for your patience!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.