The content of my footer got deleted when I saved

HI. I updated the content of my footer and everything got deleted when I saved a change. All i did was add a link to an internal page. Is there any way to revert back to a previously saved version? Those changes are no longer showing in the history.

Hello @blmg1,

Thanks for writing in!

I checked the website and can see that in Footer builder the elements are not present and in version history changes are also not showing up. Can you please let us know the changes you were doing post which this problem happened?

I also see that you are using Pro theme version 2.4.0. I suggest you to update Pro theme to the latest version which as of today is 2.5.5. You can take a look at following resources to update Pro Theme:

https://theme.co/changelog/

Thanks.

We had a footer with multiple widget areas and some links. I was adding text that linked to internal pages and when I hit save, it deleted all the content from the footer.
If i update the theme, will it effect other parts of my site? I was not the builder of the site and I’m not 100% familiar with how it works. So I would rather not mess with anything I don’t have to.

Hello @blmg1,

Thanks for updating the thread.

Usually while and post updating the theme should not have any issues. However, to be on the safer side I suggest you to take a complete backup of the website. You can take a look at following resources to backup:

Thanks.

Is there no way to retrieve the content lost from the footer?

Hi @blmg1,

The update will not restore any missing or corrupted data, the data are also stored on a database which will stay untouched during the update. You could only restore it from your existing backup or restore it.

Switching theme or child theme could reset widgets and menu and it’s Wordpress doing. I recommend listing them too as your backup so you could re-setup them. They aren’t totally deleted but just moved to inactive widgets area where you can drag back to active widget area.

Thanks!

How can i retrieve the data that has been lost? I need to get the info from the footer back.

Hello @blmg1,

Thanks for updating the thread.

If you have a backup file that you have the option to load the backup file to get the footer bata back. Other then that I also suggest you to get in touch with hosting provider for backup file if they have automated backup running. Some hosting providers do run timely automated backups, if your hosting company has that option please use the most recent backup file to load.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.