Text under logo disappeared after updating X theme, how do you get it back?

Hi,

I am a newbie at building websites, and have made a small amount of progress. But simple is best for me still at this point.

Under my logo I was able to add an additional text ( Helping people make their home feel like “Home” ) about a month or so ago in the navigation bar. After updating X theme today, it has disappeared. Although now when you hover over my logo, it shows up as if it was a link. I am confused!

I have spent the last 4 to 5 hours googling and reading through the forums and I am still stuck!

Please help me correct this!!!

My website is … BalancedHomeFeel.com

Thanks so much!!
Christine

Hi Christine,

Thank you for writing in! Would you mind to clarify how did you able to add a phrase under the logo? Because by default you can either show the logo or a title text of the site.

Since I did not see any trace of child theme on your site, I suspect you had edited the _brand.php template file directly on the parent theme, and when the theme update it was overwritten (yes the customization is gone).

If this is the case, then I am afraid that you need to redo the process. But this time you need to setup a Child Theme.

Copy the file \x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global_brand.php from your parent theme, and paste it to your child theme in the same path directory \x-child\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\global
(this directory does not exist on your child theme so you need to create this folders)

Then modify that _brand.php file on your child theme, so when the parent theme update, it won’t be overwritten.

Hope this helps,
Cheers!

Hi Friech,

Thank you for responding!

I wish I could tell you whether I edited the parent them or not or recall exactly how I was able to have the text appear under my logo.

I am sure you are correct that I edited the _brand.php template file directly on the parent theme (not realizing what I was doing).

I will set up a Child Theme and follow your instructions. I’m a little confused at the moment, but hopefully I can follow through with no major mishaps.

I will keep you posted!

Thanks again!
Christine

Thanks Christine.

Other alternative would be to use a pseudo selector, you could add the following code to Theme Options CSS and adjust the parameters

a.x-brand.img:after {
	content: "Text goes here!";
	font-size: .4em;
	vertical-align: middle;
	margin-left: 8px;
  margin-top: 20px;
display: block;
}

Hope it helps

1 Like

Hey :slight_smile:

I have upload the child theme and activated. Then found the file in my parent theme to paste in the child theme although I can’t seem to find exactly where to past the file being that folder doesn’t currently exist in the child theme. It only goes as far as functions.php. so I was unsure where to begin pasting the file.

I did go with your alternative suggestion on using a pseudo selector which worked out great! I made a few adjustments after that to my nav bar and am liking where it’s going so far.

Do I need to continue to paste the file from the parent to the child theme? If so, still unsure exactly where to paste it?

Thank you so much for all your help!!

Christine

Hi Christine.

You don´t need the first option.

The Pseudo Selector will work without template changes.

Hope it helps!

Great!

Thank you everyone for all your help!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.