Text Type element acting glitchy, type speeds non-responsive

Hi, I’m trying to change the type speeds and back speeds of the Classic Text Type element. It is acting very glitchy and inconsistent, sometimes previewing accurately and sometimes not. Finally when I get it to change and stay that way (for example, by changing type speed or back speed from 50 to 100) it doesn’t materialize on the site after I save changes. Please check it out.

Also, how do you get the text type animation to start only once it has been scrolled to by the user?

Thanks,

Jake

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.

Unfortunately, text type element doesn’t have the scroll-trigger setting at the moment. All you could do for now is add it to the column with fade in animation. But it’s probably not synced with text type animation.

The animation is also done through javascript so the preview may not display accurate speed for some time, but reloading it will, of course, re-execute the javascript which will display the correct speed. And you also have host caching feature, and caching is of course against change. You may not see some change in real time once there is existing cache.

I tried this on my installation with no issues, how about testing it on a different host if you wish to get actual speed in the preview?

Thanks.

I’m sorry, all this is a little over my head. I’m not sure what you mean by “testing it on a different host” (I’m sure you’re not talking about Bluehost, maybe my computer’s HOSTS file? I’m trying to google it all but I may need you to dumb it down a bit more.

I can tell you though that I’ve made many changes and I switch back and forth constantly to preview them by going to my website (while logged in) - a feature I’m quite loving about X Theme / Cornerstone. So far it has worked great and all the changes, of which I’ve made many, have manifested on the unpublished website… except the text type editing. It’s very strange, it will show immediately in the Cornerstone preview for a little while (for example, if I change the “type speed” from 50ms to 100ms… it will manifest in the Cornerstone preview. But then if I go and do the same to the “back speed” changing it from 50ms to 100ms… only the backspeed change will manifest while the type speed goes back to 50 in the Cornerstone preview. Either way, no matter what I do… none of it materializes in the actual website preview when I go to my url.

I’m on public computers, and I’ve also tried logging into Wordpress and my url from my phone’s data plan independent of the public isp that I’m using… still, no changes are materializing on the website preview.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Hi there,

I’m referring to the different environment for comparison since your current host has cache feature (host other than BlueHost as long as there is no cache).

And I just tried it the way you mentioned and the setting are perfectly taking effect on the actual page after clearing the cache. Or maybe I’m missing something, would you mind providing a video recording? And please try it again while host cache is turned off, you can turn it off at Admin > Settings > Endurance Cache.

I like to see what’s really happening on your end through a video.

Thanks!

Hey, sorry it took so long to reply. I’m building this website on public computers right now because Cornerstone doesn’t load right on my home computer… so I don’t really have a way to send you a screencast seeing as I am not able/allowed to download those programs on the public computers I’m using. I did however take a video of it with my phone. I don’t know how to upload it to you though… mp4 is not an accepted format on this forum. Any suggestions?

Also, I tried everything you said and it is still not working. It’s not showing up on my home computer either, or my phone. It just keeps showing type text speeds at 50ms no matter what I do.

Thanks

Hi There,

Sorry, but I can’t replicate this issue on my dev site either. Can you confirm that you’re on the latest version of X (5.2.5) and Cornerstone (2.1.7)? Please update if you see either one is not up to date. Also as Rad suggested above, please clear and (if possible) please deactivate all your site caching feature/plugin while we tackle this issue. Contact your hosting support and ask if they have an internal caching feature running on your site and how you can deactivate it for a while.

Updating Your Themes and Plugins

You can upload your .mp4 video to YouTube or Dropbox or any other file/video sharing site and share us the link here. And please confirm the credentials you provided above as it does not work.

Thanks,

Yes, I have the latest versions of X and Cornerstone. I “purged all” cache and turned Endurance Cache Level to off (level 0). It’s still not working. Here is the video link: https://youtu.be/kbxkWZ54mtU

I will contact Bluehost in the meantime, so far I haven’t found their chat support to be of much help. But I will try, or I will call/email them.

Also, the credentials should be working, I tested them again. Make sure you use the latest password that I gave above.

Thanks!

Hey @yearegods,

The issue you’re experiencing is mostly occurs in shared hosting environments especially if they’re not using SSD. Prolonged use of page builders in the said environment will also eat up resources and when that happens some web hosts limit your resources preventing you from further using the tools.

With that said, I would first recommend that you try out other web hosts. There are a lot of users here using SiteGround. Personally, I know of a user using FastComet with just the starter account. If you could move to a managed WordPress hosting though, that would be great. Here’s an additional guide on choosing web hosts.

If that is not possible for your project, I’d recommend that you build your page on a local development site and export your page as a template. See Working with Templates for more details.

Thanks.

Ok, I’m going to let this go for now as I have more pressing things to do for the website… and the default text type settings really are fine. Thank you all for the help, and for the great articles.

Thank you,

Jake

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.