Text style colour not working

When I try and change the colour of text in a text block using the “text style” section it won’t change the colour. I have noticed that the “font style” and “align” options have no effect either.
“text decoration” and and “text transform” DO work though.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi Richard,

Instead of adding the text in a text element, try adding them in a Headline element instead so you do not have to wrap the text in a heading tag as that is already in the setting of the Headline element.

Hope this helps.

I’m not sure how your answer relates to my question. I am looking to change the colour and alignment of the text using the functions that are there to control the things I want to control but they aren’t working. Changing a text block to a header block made no difference and the exact same problem happens with that kind of block

Hi Richard,

I understand your issue, but I can’t access your site I’m getting a fatal error, please check.

In the meantime (when the site is back up), please use this plugin, and check that your PHP and MySQL is version 5.6 or higher.

And also, Increase the PHP Memory Limit, you can follow this guide.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

I have fixed my site. Php version is 7.2 and memory limit is higher. The same problem persists. When I change the colour of text nothing happens but the underline colour changes. I can transform the text to all capitals etc but not italics. Text alignment doesnt work either.

Would you try signing in to my site and see if you have the same problem as me please?

Hi Richard,

Thank you for the clarification, I have check one of your text element and saw that there are inline-styling on it.

That’s the reason why the text-color and text-align option is not taking effect because in CSS Inline-styling has more priority than Embedded styles (theme/element options) and External styles (style.css)

Please remove those inline-styling if you want the element options to take effect.

Hope that shed some lights,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.