Text slow or refusing to update in cornerstone

Hi I’m using the latest version of Pro and wordpress 4.9 (latest version that’s not 5.0).

I cannot seem to get my text elements to update and if they do, it takes a long time (upwards of 5-10 minutes or more before they display after editing them). I have been trying to write simple text elements in a sales page for going on four hours now and I only have a few paragraphs progress becuase of how much it has been lagging.

I have tried deleting my wordpress caching cache, and X system cache, which seem to resolve the issue right after, but then after a few edits it keeps going back to normal.

Please help, this shouldn’t take me hours to make simple text elements.

Also what’s incredibly frustrating is that after a while it just simply doesn’t let me save any edits. I will write text in text elements but can’t save them as the “save” button goes grey and I have no choice but to exit the page, lose saved data, and go back in and edit. So I’m cointinuously losing work when this happens.

Hi @itsbobross,

Thank you for writing in and sorry that you’re having that issue, the thing is our latest update of X and PRO is focused on improving the performance you can read more about that on our changelog page.

What you describe above is not normal even for the previous version of our Theme, there could be a lot of factors when it comes to the performance of the site. I advice to do the following:

• Clear all the site caches (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors. If possible please deactivate this caching features for a while and see if that improves your content builder/cornerstone. Make sure you Clear it before you deactivate it.

• Contact your hosting provider to increase your allocated memory limit or do it yourself by adding this code in your wp-config.php file.

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line:

/* That’s all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Increasing PHP Memory Limit

• Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If the issue persists, please provide us the site URL and credentials in a Secure Note so we can take a closer look.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.