Text size for affiliate disclosure looks larger now that I updated it

I just updated my _content-post-header.php file with additional text and now the size of the text looks like it is matching the size of the

content in my blog. My affiliate disclosure previously looked smaller. Is there a reason why this changed and how can I adjust it so my disclosure is not larger like my blog body text?

Hi Lauren,

The problem is that in the code that you added in the PHP file you use some predefined classes of the theme which causes the font to be small.

I suggest that you follow the steps below:

1. Go to X > Global Blocks and add a global block and there add the proper headline and text elements and style them as you wish. For more information:
    https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/global-blocks/24723
  2. The Global Block will give you a shortcode which you can add wherever you want.
  3. Delete the code that you added in the PHP file and add the code below instead:
echo do_shortcode( '[cs_gb id=138]' );

Change [cs_gb id=138] to the shortcode which you will copy from the Global Block.

Thank you.

Will this also make the affiliate text not show up in Google SEO? It seems like its reading the affiliate information as part of the page content for SEO which I do not want.

Hi Lauren,

Yes, it will read it as content because you add it via the builders and it is part of the_content() function.

If you do not want to have it as a content you need to resort back to the previous method you were using.

Please add the code that way again and get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using a Secure Note so that we check and find a solution to make it look like the rest of the text.

Thank you.

I think you might be misunderstanding what I am saying. I had created a _CONTENT-POST-HEADER.PHP file with affiliate info and it previously displayed smaller than the content in my blog posts. I added extra words into the file and saved it and now it is the same size as the content. I want it smaller than the content area of my blogs. I have no idea why it got bigger just from adding more words and saving it. I was hoping that I could have my affiliate disclosure display automatically on any new blog posts which it currently does through the PHP file, however, if I need to make other changes so it doesn’t show up in searches, I need the steps to do that.

Hello There,

Thank you for the clarifications. Could you please post the contents of your _CONTENT-POST-HEADER.PHP in your next reply including those texts that you have added so that we can evaluate and check the correct html syntax.

Regards.

<?php // ============================================================================= // VIEWS/ETHOS/_CONTENT-POST-HEADER.PHP // ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- // Standard output for various posts. // ============================================================================= ?> <?php if ( is_single() ) : ?>

<?php the_title(); ?>

<?php else : ?>

"><?php x_the_alternate_title(); ?>

<?php endif; ?> <?php x_integrity_entry_meta(); ?> <?php // you can add your text below ?>

This post contains affiliate and referral links which may may result in a small commission for me (at no extra cost to you). I use these funds to feed my cats and buy some seeds for my garden. Thanks for the cat food and the plants. Please note that I only recommend tools that I personally use and love and I always have my readers' best interest at heart. Please read our disclosure here.

for some reason when I paste the contents, it’s cutting off the information I posted. It’s not showing the information after the last word in my affiliate disclosure. Please read our disclosure here.

Hello There,

Please update your code and use this instead:

<?php

// =============================================================================
// VIEWS/ETHOS/_CONTENT-POST-HEADER.PHP
// -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Standard <header> output for various posts.
// =============================================================================

?>

<header class="entry-header">

<?php if ( is_single() ) : ?>
  	<h1 class="entry-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1>
  <?php else : ?>
	  <h2 class="entry-title">
	    <a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php echo esc_attr( sprintf( __( 'Permalink to: "%s"', '__x__' ), the_title_attribute( 'echo=0' ) ) ); ?>"><?php x_the_alternate_title(); ?></a>
	  </h2>
  <?php endif; ?>

<?php x_integrity_entry_meta(); ?>

<?php // you can add your text below ?>
  	<p class="p-meta">This post contains affiliate and referral links which may may result in a small commission for me (at no extra cost to you). I use these funds to feed my cats and buy some seeds for my garden. Thanks for the cat food and the plants. Please note that I only recommend tools that I personally use and love and I always have my readers' best interest at heart. Please read our <a href="http://thepurefectionist.com/full-disclaimer/"> disclosure here.</a></p>

</header>

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.