Text Placeholder Box Appears Even When There is Text Inserted

Hello. Whenever I position an element to wherever I want it to be, the text placeholder for the element shows up and affects the placement of other elements, despite the fact that I have text inserted in said box. The class for my text boxs efected are .number2 and .number3. The text placeholders that show up come up when I delete the duplicate number and insert new number, in this case 2 and 3. These are duplicates of #1.

Hey there,

Based on your screenshot, you have custom CSS. That might be the cause of the issue. Please remove it then test again. If that doesn’t help, please give us a screen recording so we could test it in our test sites.

Thanks.

How can I edit the element then without custom css? I use it for the whole web page.

Hi,

Would you mind providing us with login credentials so we can take a closer look? Please provide following information:

Set it as Secure Note

• Link to your site
  • WordPress Admin username / password

All the best!

Here’s my credentials:

EDIT: IT seems that it looks perfectly normal outside of the cornerstone editor, but inside the corner stone editor it is messed up. Is there a reason for this?

Hi there,

This seems to be caused by the CSS. I suggest using the Feature List element instead as you can add the number to the left and the text on the right. You can also do some customization but should not be as much as what you have done for the text element.

Hope this helps.

Awesome, thank you. Based on the amount of custom css i have implemented, would it make more sense for me to use a child theme? If so, would it be easy to use if I don’t know php?

Hi There,

Yes, since you can edit the child theme’s style.css file on a text editor application, that should make your life easier. Though you need to connect to your server via FTP everytime you edit the style.css file.

How To Setup Child Themes

CSS is not PHP, so yes.

Have a nice day,
Cheers!