Text needed above blog

Hi there,
when I customized my blog page I set an image above. Then I realized I would need some sort of “introduction text” and pinned a corresponding (sticky) blog post as transitional solution. I’m not really happy though as the introduction text mentioned is limited by excerpt length of course. So I had to split and add a text widget. As I said, I’m not happy with that solution. THis is URL:

I’d love to have a text section below the image instead, same width as image, where I could insert the complete introduction plus the text content from the text widget. The splitting between post area and side bar area would begin underneath. Is that possible?

Thanks and cheers
Karen

Hey Karen,

Are you comfortable with custom development? If so, copy _landmark-header.php located in x\framework\legacy\cranium\headers\views\integrity to your child theme’s x-child\framework\views\integrity. Open the copied file in a text editor and look for this code starting from line 15 as of writing.

<?php if ( is_home() && x_get_option( 'x_integrity_blog_header_enable' ) == '1' ) : ?>

<header class="x-header-landmark x-container max width">
    <h1 class="h-landmark"><span><?php echo x_get_option( 'x_integrity_blog_title' ); ?></span></h1>
    <p class="p-landmark-sub"><span><?php echo x_get_option( 'x_integrity_blog_subtitle' ); ?></span></p>
  </header>

Add your content below the header element and you’ll see your content below the image.

You can also achieve this by using actions and filters in X. Here’s an example code that should go in functions.php.

add_action( 'x_after_view_header_base', 'add_content_after_blog_header' );

function add_content_after_blog_header() { ?>
	<p>Your content.. </p>
<?php }

Just note that what I suggested above requires developer knowledge. If this is something that you’re not interested in, you need to hire a third party developer to implement this in your site.

I’d recommend that you upgrade to Pro though so you could create a custom header and assign it to your blog page. This way, you don’t have to do this customization.

Thanks.

Hey Christian,
alright. Got the message :smiley:
I’m very interested in all these things, but I don’t have any developer’s knowledge. I would copy the code and put it neatly where it is supposed to go… but let there be one single unknown circumstance and everything will goof. So I’ll ask someone who knows what to to…

Thank you very much for helping and for frankly telling me the facts :slight_smile:
Cjeers
Karen

You are most welcome, Karen. How about you start learning some basic of programming starting with HTML and CSS? So that you don’t have to depend on a external developer to make subtle changes in website. Learning HTML and CSS is not at all difficult, provided you are using right tools and materials to get started. It’s human nature that we tend to prefer visual content over text based content to learn something new. I am sharing a fabulous resource that you can use to get started with learning HTML and CSS. How about you take 30 day coding challenge and devote 1 hour daily to learn HTML and CSS? You can cake Sunday a off day to enjoy weekend :smiley: . It’s proven that if you do something for 30 days consistently the same become a habit. So I would highly encourage you to take 30 day HTML and CSS learning challenge. Also you can create a blog on WordPress.com and share your story of learning HTML and CSS and update the blog daily. It’s also proven fact that more you write, pace of learning increases astronomically. Please take this free course on Khan Academy (it’s free of cost). :smiley:

https://www.khanacademy.org/computing/computer-programming/html-css

I wish you all the very best. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Prasant,

this is even more a challenge when not being a native speaker. But the program at Khanacademy looks like fun and I’d love to understand what I’m doing every time I follow the suggestions of support :slight_smile:
Thanks for the link!

Cheers
Karen

You’re welcome, Karen. Glad we could provide some information. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.