Text in Cornerstone Showing in Bold But Isn't When Viewed on Front End

Hi, I’m working on a website and I’ve set some text in bold and is all showing correctly as it should in Cornerstone. When I view it on the front end, the text that should be in bold isn’t and I have no idea why! I’ve attached a jpeg with screen grabs for your reference.

The website is: https://www.man-with-a-van-coventry.co.uk/

Thanks!

Hi There,

Please check your HTML tags and see if you have all open and closing correct.

Check every element, especially Welcome to Man… and the text below it on…

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you

Hi, I don’t understand what you’re saying with the HTML tags as I haven’t used any! I’m using the new ‘Text’ element and have set the font weight to bold from within options in the ‘Inspector’. Is this yet another glitch from the update?

Cheers

Hi there,

Ah I see, we thought you added the code directly using the HTML code.

I tested the same case on my installation and I encountered no problem as you described. I suggest that you go to X > Launch > Options > Typography and turn off the Font Manager options and save the settings.

Then please enable it again and save the option to see if it fixes the issue. I also wonder if the font that you use in the text element has the bold mode or not. Anyway, to better assist you we need to access your website dashboard. Kindly get back to us with the information below using the Secure Note functionality of the post:

• Wordpress Dashboard URL
  • Wordpress Dashboard Username
  • Wordpress Dashboard Password
  • Name of the page to test the case

Thank you.

Hi, I tried what you suggested to turn off the Font Manager options and to then turn it on again, but after turning it back on, all the fonts changed to a serif face, so I didn’t save it! I’ve attached a screen grab of it for you to see.

Can you tell me which information Cornerstone now uses for the styling etc, as I go to Appearance > Customise and do it that way, but it looks like there are the same options which have different settings in X > Launch > Options and I just wondered which it uses!

I’ll include the admin details in a secure note for you, as I’ve got a feeling it is a glitch that I won’t be able to sort out myself.

Thanks!

Hi There,

It seems to be a bug, I will forward it to our developers to take a look.

I noticed when I go to Cornerstone edit for the first time, the Font Weight 700 is replaced with a long code.

In the meanwhile you fix the issue you can use as follows in your text box:

<span style="font-weight: 700">Man with a van Coventry are a well-established pickup and removals service in Coventry but do cover all over the UK.</span>

Adding your text between this span tags will fix the font weight.

Hope it helps

Hi, thanks for letting me know, however since the update, all I seem to do is add more time on to building a site to try to patch all these issues with bugs! I can’t spend more time going through all the text that should be bold to add in tags to make it appear as it should. My client will also be updating the site themselves, so adding in code to text will just confuse matters. I’ll just have to hope that the next update will be out soon to fix the issues.

Also, can you explain the following please:
Can you tell me which information Cornerstone now uses for the styling etc, as I go to Appearance > Customise and do it that way, but it looks like there are the same options which have different settings in X > Launch > Options and I just wondered which it uses!

Cheers

Hi There,

Both are actually the same, but we do reccomend you using Theme Options from now on.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.