Terms & Conditions check box

Hello,

On my Checkout page before completing the purchase the client needs to check the box for Terms and Conditions. The words, ‘Terms & Conditions’ are a link that bring up a box with a bunch of code. I have a Terms and Conditions page. How do I make the link show the Terms & Conditions I have created?

Hi There,

Please add this custom JS under X > Theme Options > JS:

jQuery('.wc-terms-and-conditions a').attr('href', 'your link');

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Hello,

I posted this,

jQuery(’.wc-terms-and-conditions a’).attr(‘https://dpmarketingsolutions.com/terms-conditions/’);

in the JS on the Theme Option page. It sort of works in the editor but has not changed anything when I try it outside of the editor.

In the editor it does what it did before opening a window with code then after 3 to 5 seconds it goes to my Terms & Conditions page. Can we…

1. If we will be going to another page can we have it open another tab/window?
  2. Can we eliminate having the client view any code?
  3. What can we do to make it work outside of the editor?

As always, you guys are awesome and I appreciate you.

Hi again,

To fix all of your issues, please replace your code with the following code:

jQuery(document).ready(function($){
	$('.wc-terms-and-conditions a').attr({"href": "http://dyesub.alldigitalusa.com/wp/checkout/", "target": "_blank"});
});

Don’t forget to clear your browser’s cache after adding the code. Let us know how this goes!

it did not work

Hi there,

Please get back to us with the URL/User/Pass of your website using Secure Note and give us the exact steps we should take to see the Terms and Conditions.

If needed you will need to give us a sample customer user/pass which we can use on the front end.

We will follow up the case for you. Meanwhile, it is important to know that you clear any possible cache plugin that you have.

Thank you.

I’ve included username and password in a secure note above.

In the editor Content > Check Out (Do not view in edit because at this time it does not display the page. Only view the preview) > at the bottom of the page, above the ‘Place Order’ button the text says, ‘I’ve read and accepted the terms & conditions’. ‘Terms & conditions’ is a link. Click this and a list of code will appear. Click it again and it will disappear. I’d like the code replaced with the terms and conditions from my ‘terms & conditions page’. If possible can we simply replace the code with my terms & conditions content? Rather than link to that page.

Hey Steve,

The code is coming from your Terms and Conditions page. Please remove the JS code given previously and write your Terms and Conditions in plain text using the default WordPress Text Editor. WooCommerce Terms and Condition does not accept content built with page builders that is why you see code. Also, terms and conditions normally is only composed of text.

Thanks.

That did it! Thank you.

Glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.