Template Manager Porked

I just attempted to go into Template Manager to download a page we saved for use on another site. However, the Template Manager is all messed up.

When clicking a template’s checkbox, nothing appears at the bottom to allow download or to delete the template. The checkbox serves no purpose. Further, clicking any of the top ‘sections’ has no effect. The top menu button does not respond. The gear on the bottom left does not respond. Only checking the template boxes or clicking the Design Cloud button works.

• This site has not been modified in months. The page we saved as a template and tried to download is 9 months old.
  • This issue occurs with NO plugins active and on all tested browsers.

Not sure if related, but Chrome Console reports:

Uncaught Error: infinite rendering invalidation detected
at Array. (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.2.5:1361)
at e._trigger (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.2.5:861)
at e.end (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.2.5:815)
at e._run (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.2.5:854)
at e._join (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.2.5:853)
at e.join (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.2.5:824)
at Array. (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.2.5:1362)
at e._trigger (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.2.5:861)
at e.end (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.2.5:815)
at e._run (cs-vendor.js?ver=3.2.5:854)

Tried to send a video but your Support system still doesn’t allow video attachments. Very disappointed in the buginess of Pro.

Hello @co50,

Thanks for asking and I am sorry for the trouble you are facing with Pro Theme.

You can use online video sharing or file sharing sites like Dropbox to share video. Regarding template manager, please try our following solutions:

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  3. Increase the PHP Memory Limit of your server. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

1. Yes, everything is up to date.
  2. As I said in the OP, this issue persists with NO plugins active.
  3. PHP Memory limit of the server is already 256MB.

Login in secure note…

Hello @co50,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked your website and took a detailed look into the matter. I can confirm that option to download templates is not showing up. More so, menu link button in template manager is not working too. As of now I am not in a position to do a deep troubleshooting as it’s a live website. We are not allowed to fiddle with customer website without taking due permission from customer. Can you please give us the permission to test things further? Please note that website performance and layout may have some issues while we are troubleshooting the issue.

Along with that, please share FTP details in secure note.

In the meantime, you can also try to reinstall Pro Theme by deleting the theme from Appearance > Theme. After that please download a fresh copy of Pro Theme and install the same from WordPress theme installer under Appearance > Theme > Add New.

Thanks.

Yes, you can go ahead and conduct your testing. Please be sure to notate all changes made to the site, if any.

FTP login in secure note.

I deleted the theme completely and reinstalled but the issue persists.

One more thing…are saved templates stored in a folder that I could download from via FTP? Getting this template downloaded is pretty urgent and any solution I’ll take at this moment…

Hello @co50,

I am getting following error message while trying to login FTP Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing. Can you please confirm?

Thanks.

I can see a few issues - you didn’t use SFTP and didn’t specify a port. See secure note again.

Hello @co50,

Thanks for updating the thread. :slight_smile:

Yes, I missed filling up the protocol and port number. I am really sorry for the same.

FTP logins are working now. I first deactivated all the plugins and then renamed existing Pro folder, reinstalled new version of Pro and checked if option to download templates showing up. Still download option is not showing.

Next, I opened template manager and then clicked on Design Cloud button. After that I reloaded the page and returned to template manager, doing so listed all other templates under template manager. Over there I noticed that Proposal Expiration Countdowntemplate might be causing the problem as it does not has the icon and won’t give us the information on template type. Here is a screencast.

Can you please let us know the template you are trying to download? For now I have reactivated all the plugins. You have the option to reactivate old Pro theme by deleting current theme I installed.

Thanks.

I’m trying to download the template “Pay Invoice”.

So if there is a template that is corrupt or your system can’t handle it, how do we remove it? Have this been added to the issue tracker to improve template page reliability? The fact that a corrupt template can take down the whole page is of concern.

Hello @co50,

Actually a corrupted template can cause conflicts and as I have highlighted in above screenshot there is a entry wherein it does not list the type of template along with icon.

To fix that I require access to database. Can you please share database login details in secure note so that I can proceed further?

Thanks.

Unfortunately I cannot…our PHP MyAdmin setup provides “god-mode” access to all of our clients and is heavily locked down. I can run commands in SQL or delete rows if you tell me what needs to be done.

Hi @co50

Please locate these rows in the following tables and delete them then recheck this issue:

• In table wp_posts, query the column cs_template, then you can check the column post_title to spot your faulty custom template name and make a note of its ID. Then delete this row.

• After that check wp_postmeta table and search for your template post ID and delete its rows there.

Thanks.

Thanks. I couldn’t find the row in wp_posts using your method but found it via other means. I deleted the applicable rows from both tables and the issues is in fact resolved. Thanks for the help.

However, @Prasant you left my site with all plugins disabled, never told me, and so the $350 I spent on Adwords this weekend was thrown away because with Gravity Forms disabled, nobody could submit an inquiry. Please make a note to inform clients if you’ve left their website in a state different than when you started.

Hi again,

We’re sorry for your loss. we’ll make sure this doesn’t happen again.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.