Template Manager Filters

Hello.
Updated all the way to 2.3.6.
Tested with just Pro. (child theme was deactivated)
All plugins deactivated.

On this page:
…/xpro/#/template-manager

Clicking any of the Filters at the top (Headers | Content | Footers | Presets) initially loads the correct content via AJAX, but the page is re-loading as that happens so it’s not possible to use these filters to access content.

The page that is loaded is …/xpro/

Receiving these errors:
Cornerstone detected PHP Errors while generating an AJAX response. Logging errors...
E_WARNING: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/templating/class-template.php on line 101. E_WARNING: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/templating/class-template.php on line 101. E_WARNING: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in .../wp-content/themes/pro/cornerstone/includes/classes/templating/class-template.php on line 101.

Issue has been present in all version of 2.3

If there is a hot-fix, please let me know.
Thank you.

Hi Rob,

Thanks for writing in! Could you please check your PHP version running on your server and make sure to use PHP v5.6.x or later to avoid incompatibility issues.

If you’re already using a compatible PHP version, I would then suggest you to re-install Pro theme by deleting your existing theme. This will fix any corrupted or missing files related issues.

Also if you’re using CDN services like CloudFlare, you need to clear it’s cache as well after an update to avoid possible caching issues.

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Thank you.

PHP 7.0 (WP Engine)
Reinstalled theme (2.3.6)
No caching (testing in dev environment)

Same errors remain.

Please advise.

Hello Rob,

Thanks for updating the thread.

In that case, please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

Hey Rob,

I have replicated this issue in poopy.life but my test site in pantheon.io is working fine so this means that the Template Manager has a conflict with a particular server setup. I’ll post this in our issue tracker so that our development team would be made aware of this case once they go through the list of reports.

For now, regretfully, I am not able to provide a workaround. Please stay tuned for updates.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

the Template Manager has a conflict with a particular server setup

Anything identifiable on this? We’re on WpEngine (Google data center).
Poopy.life is, I believe, also on WpEngine (Amazon data center).

Any thing we can do in the mean time to prevent the Template Category links from refreshing the page?

Thank you

Hi Rob,

It’s a known bug and already added to our issue tracker. For now, you can scroll down it manually to find your templates or user search filter.

Thanks!

Hi,

This issue happens for me as well, however, it also occurs in the general Pro content editor. If I click, for example, on ‘Elements’ the browser will just refresh without warning.

I have already attempted to resolve it by reinstalling Pro and all other versions were removed. The server uses PHP v5.6.3.

I would love any suggestions on fixing this!

Thanks

Regretfully, there’s no temporary fix or workaround. Please stay tuned for updates.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Christian,

thank you for letting me know. Just checking whether you have an ETA for the update? Considering this is happening in the editor as well, I can’t work on the site at all at the moment.

Thanks

Hello Rob,

There is no ETA yet. There is an on going development for a fix on this issue. Once our developers is ready, it will be updated and rolled out in the next release update cycle.

Please bear with us.

Hi,

updated this morning to 2.3.8 but the issue still occurs. I was hoping it would be resolved with this release.

Since this is happening for me on every page that I’m trying to edit, I’m wondering whether this is caused by something specific to my page? I’m guessing if this was happening to everyone the uproar would be a lot bigger.

Any info would be great.

Hi @mairhoefer,

It could be a cache, I updated mine and got the same issue but upon clearing browser cache, it works as expected. Browser stores scripts and CSS so updating your site may not take effect instantly. Please clear your browser cache and test it again.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.