Template import doesn't complete

Hi there - I am trying to import my templates and it never finishes. The green loading bar is moving across the top but never quite makes it to the end! I’ve refreshed the page and tried to reload it a couple times, but I still get the same result. Here is a screen shot: https://snag.gy/C8lhYx.jpg
The file is 9.7MB.
Would appreciate your help, thank you!

Hi There @ccwadsworth

Thanks for writing in and I’m sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue. Usually, most possible causes are due to caching or plugin conflicts. Also check your PHP version and memory limit. Could you please try following our general troubleshooting guidelines below and see if you can isolate the issue.

1. Ensure everything is up to date according to our version compatibility list here. Please follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins. Click here for more information.
  2. Go to X/Pro > Settings and click on the Clear Style Cache button.
  3. If you’re using a CDN, please clear the CDN’s cache and disable optimization services.
  4. Test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third-party plugins, and see if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.
  5. Remove custom CSS and Javascript from the Theme Options or Child Theme and test the case.
  6. Reset your htaccess file by renaming it to .htaccess-bak. Then in WP Admin Menu, go to Settings > Permalinks and just click the Save Changes button.

Make sure to clear full cache before testing (https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/how-to-clear-your-cache-in-wordpress/).

If you still have problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and FTP credentials of your server using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Let us know how it goes.
Thank you.

Hi @mldarshana, thank you for your prompt response, I appreciate that! I will go through these steps, but one thing that caught my attention is I am using the X Theme, not Pro. I notice that this site was listed under Pro in the license area, but it should be X. Could that be part of the problem?

Hi @mldarshana. I am still not having any luck loading the templates after your requested trouble-shooting. I think it may have something to do with the reference to the Pro vs. X license? Are you able to do anything with that? I did upgrade to Pro but converted back to X in October 2018. I will send you the site login info in a secure note, just in case that would be helpful. Thank you.

I just tried uploading the templates in Safari vs. Firefox and I have success!

But, I do want to make sure I have the appropriate license attached to this site. Could you help me with that? Thank you very much!

Hi There,

If that is the case then the issue is with your Chrome browser, it could be your Chrome is out of data, or caching, or an Add-on is conflicting. Please try the incognito mode of Chrome, where there is no caching and add-ons involve.

How do I set my browser to Incognito or private mode?

No, that’s not right, you should assign that URL to one of your X licenses since you’re using X theme on that site. Revoke the validation of that site, and revalidate it again using an X license. But make sure you assign that URL to an X license first on your Licenses Page.

Thanks,

Hello - thanks for the response. I don’t think you understood my response… I was able to get the template file to load using Safari, so that issue has been resolved.

Thanks for the information on revoking and re-validating my license, I will give that a try. Thank you very much!

Hi There,

No, I understand that you resolve the template importing issue by using Safari. So the issue is specific on your other browser (that has the issue), it could be outdated, a caching, or there is a browser add-on that causes a conflict. But I’m glad that is resolved now.

Let us know how it goes with the validation.
Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.