Tco.css & tco.js missing after upgrade to X Theme 6.2.5

Hi, I’ve recently upgraded to v6.2.5 and tco.css and tco.js are missing. Javascript console shows a 404 looking for /wp-content/themes/x/framework/tco/js/dist/admin/tco.js and /wp-content/themes/x/framework/tco/css/dist/tco.css. Real files are on another path /wp-content/themes/x/framework/tco/dist/js/tco.js and /wp-content/themes/x/framework/tco/dist/css/tco.css. If I copy both files to the expected path, some styles start working but I receive the error:

Uncaught TypeError: tco.addDataSource is not a function
at Object.3…/controls (dashboard-settings.js:1)
at o (dashboard-settings.js:1)
at t (dashboard-settings.js:1)
at dashboard-settings.js:1

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please deleted and reinstall the theme via FTP?
Please check update guide for manual update of theme.

Hope this fixes your issue!

Thanks, but this don’t fix the issue. Error attached.

Again system trying to find /themes/x/framework/tco/js and css but this path doesn’t exist, files are inside /themes/x/framework/tco/dist/js and css

Hello @oscarintherocks,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I suggest you to download X Theme and then under /framework/tco/css/dist/ and /framework/tco/js/dist/admin/ copy tco.css and tco.js files respectively. After that you can upload the files under same directory in your server using FTP softwares like Filezilla. Doing so should resolve the 404 not found error message.

To get started with Filezilla, please take a look at following article:

https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/how-to-use-filezilla-with-wordpress-8956

Thanks.

Thanks but this doesn’t fix the issue again, and it was first thing I tried as you can see in my first question.

I’ve double checked again copying tco.js and css files to expected path and then I have an error in functions. Error attached:

When I clic “Cornerstone” button on a post, I receive the “red” error, and can’t edit with cornerstone.

Thanks.

Hello @oscarintherocks,

Thanks for updating the thread

Can you please share website login and FTP details in a secure note for us to take a closer look?

Thanks.

Secure Note created, please tell me when you finish to disable users. Thanks.

Hello @oscarintherocks,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I checked your website and first thing I did was to clear W3 Total cache. I don’t see the error message tco.css and tco.js 404 you are getting. Probably it was a cache issue. However, now also Cornerstone is not working properly and it’s switching to skeleton mode. I then noticed that you are using old version of Cornerstone 2.0.6. That might be the reason why Cornerstone is not working properly. Under plugins section I see that you have activated old version of Cornerstone. I logged into the FTP and can see that you have renamed the Cornerstone folder to cornerstonecornerstone which happens to be the latest version of Cornerstone. I suggest you to please delete both folders of Cornerstone and then to automatically install the latest version of Cornerstone by visiting X > Validation which as of today is version 3.2.5 and see how it goes.

To update Cornerstone, please take a look at following article:

_After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.-

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply. 404 error was corrected uploading manually both js and css files as commented last reply and cache issue was discarded because I had clear WP Cache and browser cache, and checked files didn’t exist in expected path until I manually upload them.

Cornerstone seems the problem, I’ve deleted both versions of Cornerstone and automatically installed last one v3.2.5. Now it seems everything is working ok. The odd thing is why do I had 2 Cornerstone versions, maybe an autoupgrade error or maybe an error with MainWP plugin I use for maintain all my WP updated. Nevermind, I tell you about MainWP plugin to add a possible incompatibility if you want to add to your tests for the future.

Thanks, we can close the issue.

Hello @oscarintherocks,

Thanks for updating the thread. In normal circumstances while upgrading Cornerstone, you should not have two versions of Cornerstone installed. Might have been because of plugin like MainWP.

I am glad that Cornerstone is working fine now.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.