Tabs on "some pages" stopped working

Hi. I can no longer click on tabs and have them change. It’s weird in that tabs work fine on some pages and not at all on other pages. Not sure this issue is related to latest update of not but did read this ticket < https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/after-updated-theme-by-links-from-the-tabs-are-not-working/26011/6 > and tried the suggested js and tab reference changes suggested. These changes did not work for me on the one page having this issue that I tested (more pages to fix once I have the solution).

The page I tested this on had many /#tab-1 references, so I changed them to #x-legacy-tab-1 and the customizer tab/accordion js and thought the suggestions from the ticket above would fix this issue as it sounds like the tab reference js has changed recently.

Ideas?

Hey @dsthompson,

Have you tried testing for a plugin conflict and do you have customizations? If so, please give us WP admin access in a secure note and also give us the URL where you have the tabs.

Thanks.

More testing Information. I have tracked this issue down to a plugin conflict - Formidablepro’s bootstrap modal. Running xpro with the plugin activated prevented tab navigation and modal functionality on pages using the modal. Switching to wp2017 theme, modal works - of course could not verify that tabs also worked in wp2017 but tabs do wok on all page using xpro when the formidable modal is deactivated.

About 30 days ago I submitted another ticket related to formidable pro https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/jquery-error-on-page-using-formidablepro-form-view/23906 and a jquery error (yet unresolved). Both my testing today and on the previous ticket indicate these issues are tied to xpro?

Could you please take another look? Both xpro and formidablepro are essential to my site.

Thanks

Hi there,

The tabs are working, the one that’s not working is the custom code that enables linking the tabs from page to page. And it’s not part of the theme.

I activated your modal plugin and the issue is caused by itself, it’s not clickable since the modal covered it (just transparent).

Try adding this CSS to your global CSS

.modal {
z-index:-1 !important;
}
.modal-open .modal {
    z-index: 99999 !important;
}

It will override the formidable CSS that caused the issue, and It will become clickable. But there are more issues, like hidden forms and fields, I recommend contacting the plugin author to see why this is covering the entire content of the page (just transparent).

Thanks!

OK, thanks for taking a look. I will contact Formidable. Regarding the custome code that enable linking tabs from page to page and the reference ticket https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/after-updated-theme-by-links-from-the-tabs-are-not-working/26011 I replace the code I had previously provided by X team that had used just the /xtab-1 format but hought (probably mistakenly, that there was a change to using the /x-legacy-#tab1 syntax.

Unfortunately I did not save the old code before making the change (my bad) but know I got the code from a ticket (I believe) in the support forum) but can’s seem to find it now in search. Could you point me to the js code snippet that allows tab and page linking?

Thanks much

Hi there,

Unfortunately, I’m not sure what thread you’re referring. Some codes are provided as a fix to user’s current setup so there are multiple variants of it. Could you try restoring it?

Again, I’m not sure why it has the conflict with modal since they aren’t related. The code simply pulls the hash then scroll and activate the target tab.

Thanks!

Hi. The Tabs do work. I can see that combining the two issues here confuses this discussion and will open two separate tickets to clarify address current issues.

Thanks

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.