Tabs no longer working after theme update

Hi there

Since updating the theme, the tabs on my product pages are no longer working; instead the content from the tabs now appears all together. View here. I normally had four tabs - overview, capacity, accommodation and registry office. If you right click on the headings named ‘capacity, accommodation and registry office’ you can see the tab codes remain, but the content no longer appears as tabbed. Please can you tell me what needs to be done to get the tabs back?

Thanks

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in! Upon inspecting your site, I see that you have updated Cornerstone but you’re still using X theme v5.2.5. Could you please try updating your X theme as well and then make sure to purge your server cache before testing.

You can also refer to our manual update guide here (https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/setup-updating-your-themes-and-plugins/62).

Let us know how it goes.
Thanks!

Thank you - numerous errors occurred when the theme was updated to the current them, and ended up costing me a fortune hiring a developer to fix it. He said reverting to an older theme would cost less than trying to fix it all. Is there an alternative solution - it’s just not financially practical to have to hire a developer every time a theme update is issued…

Hi there,

From what version you updated your theme? There should be no problem with the update unless it’s coming from very old version or if there are active caches.

We don’t recommend updating any live site as it could always have issues. Updating a core or theme is similar to a redesign or maintenance. And each should be done in a staging copy of your live site. It’s been a practice in web development or software development, updates are provided so users could try it and test it, but it’s not mandatory to be applied on a live site.

I checked your site and yes, tabs aren’t working while the theme is still not updated. Would you mind restoring your site to where it’s still working so we could check? It’s a Woocommerce tab using X shortcode so maybe the issue is already present even before the update.

Your developer is correct, restoring it is much easier and cheaper since this could be related to customization which only applies to the version where it’s created for.

Thanks!

Hi there

I have no idea what version was running before the theme was updated. The tabs were working fine before, but the theme update cost me £550 to get it fixed last time, and I just cannot afford to keep going back to a developer every time a theme update comes through. I also cannot restore my site to the old theme when the tabs were working as, it’s updated almost daily and all of the changes would be lost. What’s more, I would need to hire a developer to do this. Is there any other solution? Would it be possible to get an old copy of woocommerce, for example?
Thanks

Hi again,

You can find the old versions of WooCommerce here https://github.com/woocommerce/woocommerce/releases. I’d recommend you to create a staging site and replicate the setup on the staging server and then try updating your theme to the latest version so we can take a look at the errors you’re getting after the update.

Thanks!

Hi
Do I do that by sending an ‘inline’ message - is that the private messaging?

Hello There,

You have given us credentials to your live site. I have checked your child theme and it seems that the theme and WooCommerce integration was modified. At the moment, we cannot do further testing as this is your live site. Did you already created a staging server? Staging area is very useful because you can test drive any X updates in the staging area, do the customizations and troubleshooting without disrupting your live site. Once everything is perfect, you can easily and flawlessly proceed the update in the live site. To know how to create a staging area, please check out these articles:

It would also best if you can give us a copy of your child theme so that we can test it out in our local testing server and figure out why the issue appeared in your site.

Please let us know how it goes.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.