Tabs Disappeared after Woo Update/tabs.php template

Hello Pro!

So after updating to the latest WooCommerce my product tabs have disappeared :frowning:

Funnily enough the tabs.php template was the latest that required overriding and then BAM - my tabs are gone.

I use a custom tabs plugin so figured it could be that but after deactivating I had the same issue. I reactivated it but you are free to deactivate.

I have already checked and the tabs styling comes direct from the WP theme itself - So I then took some steps to check.

I deactivated all plugins and the problem was still there - cleared all caches and checked on 3 different devices and 2 different browsers (safari and chrome).

I then deactivated Pro theme and activated the new Twenty Twenty theme and the tabs were there again :slight_smile: Progress!!!

I double checked to see if any of the functions.php modifications were anything to do with it also and can confirm that they only do what they’re supposed to.

I have left credentials in the secure notes if you want to take a look and see what’s going on.

Please don’t paste any images of the websites identity :slight_smile:

Thanks team

Hello @j300bac,

Thanks for posting in! We cannot replicate this issue in our local testing servers. It seems that a 3rd party plugin is causing the issue. You could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If nothing is working, may we have the permission to put your site in under construction mode and temporarily disable the plugins one after the other?

Kindly let us know.

I don’t think you read the ticket.

I had already deactivated the plugins and tested for pHp conflicts from within the functions.php folder where there are some tab mods. Anyway I won’t repeat written word.

I have already left login credentials and believe me I wouldn’t ask you or the Pro team if this wasn’t last resort.

Could you forward this ticket onto either Christian or Rad please?

Thanks
J

Hi J,

What do you mean by overriding? Have you copy the templates from Woocommerce and overwritten what’s on the theme?

The reason why it’s no longer working is because the tabs integration coming from the theme is no longer working, eg. the x templates for woocommerce. I like to confirm what was changed or overriden but it won’t let me edit the theme through admin.

Please try re-installing the theme and don’t override any. There is a recommended version but it doesn’t mean you’ll have to override the templates from that version. Woocommerce may warn you about the template versions but you don’t have to override them. Woocommerce only checks the version number but it doesn’t really check the incompatibility, in fact, Woocommerce is using the same templates over and over and only change its version. They can change codes, but there is no need for code change that requires to function and display the same as before.

But if there is reported issues due to incompatible templates, we’ll investigate it and probably release the update fix. But again, overriding it will not solve if there are existing issues prior to overriding. It doesn’t have the code integration from the theme. This is just my assumption based on my initial checking, but if you can grant access to theme editing that I can compare the templates on my current templates.

Thanks and let me know.

Hey Rad,

Again thank you for getting back to me. I can confirm that the tabs are back working again after reinstalling Pro. It’s literally the only thing that I didn’t consider doing because it resets my widgets.

Thanks so much again - just the “parallax VS png” issue on the other ticket. :slight_smile:

J

Glad @Rad was able to help you here.
We will get back to you on the other ticket.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.