Tabbed Content not working

Hi all! I am creating a course on a password protected page and it has 4 text sections each with a 5 sectioned tabbed content block. The first one is working perfectly, but the second isn’t showing content on the page, but it is on the backend. Can anyone help? Thanks!

And it adds “Your Content” to my top (working right) tabbed content block when I click the tabs on the second (non working) tabbed content block. See image.

Hello Fred,

Thanks for writing in! I am suspecting that you have inserted an invalid html code or an unclosed tag in your html which has broke the tabbed contents. To better assist you with this issue, could you please send us the url of the page where we can find the tabbed content element?

Thank you in advance.

Thanks! It’s a password protected page, but it’s eringiles.com/launch-your-doterra-business...I’m happy to give you the password, but would prefer to give it to you privately.

Hi Fredrick,

The problem you are experiencing is because you are using the version 5.1.1 of the X theme but your Cornerstone version is 3.0.4. Those are not compatible versions.

Please back up your website completely, and update the theme to version 6.0.4.

If you have still problems kindly get back to us with the result of the steps above and URL/User/Pass of your WordPress dashboard using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

Thanks did that and still having the same issues! Sending that now, thanks!

Hi there,

Ah, it’s created in Visual Composer plus using raw shortcodes. How about creating them with actual tab elements? Nesting elements and shortcodes can cause issue, the same reason we prevent it from cornerstone.

It’s been like that since the older version of visual composer, don’t use raw shortcodes as much as possible especially if the elements are available to use. Do that only when needed.

Thanks!

Ok, will do. I just tried to set one up however and it looks like the tab elements don’t stack to the left like I have the option with the shortcode. Is that the case?

Ah I see…looks like I need the tab nav element and the tab element.

let me know if there an article on directions on how to create it using elements like I did with shortcode. thanks!

Ok, I am investigating using the accordion element instead but find sizing of the title of the accordion and of each section in the accordion to be huge. How can I edit that?

Hello There,

There is no setting to change the font sizes in the Visual Composer. To adjust the font size of the accordion element, please add the following CSS code in the X > Theme Options > Global CSS (http://prntscr.com/evui3r)

h4.vc_tta-panel-title {
    font-size: 16px;
}

.vc_tta-panel-body {
    font-size: 12px;
}

Hope this helps.

Thanks so much, you’re awesome! I did that and it changed the font of the body, but not the title. See here.

Erin
(Fred’s wife)

Ok, one more q…,now that I have three accordions on the page the second and third accordion won’t allow me to change it to a rounded rectangle accordion like the first and they are both on the same settings as far as I can see. The second and third accordian are now in the shape of a square aligned left. And I really need them all to match the layout and shape of the first accordion.

Also, my second section (how to build…)in the first accordion isn’t showing up for some reason. I’m usually pretty handy with these things but have never had this many issues with an element!

You’re so helpful thank you!

Hello There,

It seems that your accordion settings is not the same as the first one.

If you want to have the same setting as the first one, you must duplicate the first element instead.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I did what you said and it still doesn’t have the same long width as the first one. Thanks!

Hi there,

Looks like you’ll need to fix your content band’s column first. They are full-width, but it’s limited by the width of the column.

What happened is you have a single content band, and both Preparing and Sales Appointment is on the same content band. Which means, they are only separated by columns.

The solution is, add a dedicated content band for each, and 1 column for each content band.

Thanks!

thanks so much!!!

You’re most welcome.

Great, thanks! How do I change the color of the font on the page? It has a different font color than my overall theme font. I just want it to be black and possibly decrease the size of the accordion titles. Thanks!