SyntaxError : Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0

I’m using Woocommerce on the site and on checkout I’m getting this error.

“SyntaxError : Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0”

I’ve installed a fresh set of WP files and reinstalled X with a client set of files, the only 3rd party plugins I’ve got aside from the ones that come with X are

Visual Composer Add-on - Image Overlay & Flip Box

WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping

Since I’ve installed the fresh set it’s happened again and I’m totally at a loss as to why it’s happening

Hey there,

Your site is down. Please check.

Thanks.

It should be back up now, the database keep getting overloaded with mysql queries

Hi there,

I tried checking your site but it’s still down at the moment.

I’ve just noticed on my woocommerce that the following is out of date

x/woocommerce/cart/cart-empty.php version 2.0.0 is out of date. The core version is 3.1.0,

Could this be causing the conflict?

Hi,

The database connection error is usually due to a hosting issue rather than the the theme.

With regards to woocommerce, please make sure you have the following version of numbers.

Hope that helps.

I use X on multiple sites and I’ve not had an issue with it plus I host many sites and I’ve never had an issue with the hosting since I lease a server.

Turns out it wasn’t due to the template being out of date as the error has replicated again

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in! By the way, X 5.1.1 and Cornerstone 2.0.6 are now available in automatic updates! This release contains fixes for several issues so be sure to check out the changelog (http://theme.co/changelog/). Please do update to the latest version. After doing the updates, always remember to clear all caches (if you are using WP Rocket, WP SuperCache or W3 Total Cache) when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Please let us know how it goes.

Everything is up to data and I’m still suffering with the issues. The site is currently online so could someone please take a look at the backend.

The cpanel cpu usage just shoots up everytime the site isn’t in catalog mode

I see a lot of third party plugins in your site. One of them might be causing the issue. It could be one of your Visual Composer or WooCommerce addons. Please test for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

You also said something about catalog. You have a WooCommerce third party addon that is related to catalog. Please contact the plugin developers.

Thanks.

I’ve tested the plugins, the issue remains when none of the plugins are activated and only woocommerce is active. The catalogue mode is the only thing keeping the site up at the moment as it disables purchases.

Hi There,

I did check and I can’t duplicate the error. Does the error show on checkout page? See this: https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbiuohl4zd. Please clarify how exactly we can experience the issue or if you have figure this out already.

The error happens when you click proceed to paypal, currently the mysql queries have been cleared so it’ll work for a bit however after that the error shows up.

@HostingWithoutLimits

I’ve taken a look at this as well, and I didn’t have a problem proceeding to PayPal. As this is not clearly related to the theme, we won’t be able to troubleshoot further.

If you encounter this again, I would advise that you take a look at this article.

Notice how PHP errors invalidate the JSON response. Turning off WP_DEBUG (I’d advise leaving logging enabled) could be enough to fix it for you, but they you don’t know about potential errors.

If you find specific errors through that method, we’d be happy to look at them and offer advice, but from here you may just need to get support through WooCommerce.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.