Switch from HTTP to HTTPS Keeps Reverting (Mixed Content Issues)

Hi Team Themeco,

I’m having a real problem figuring out this bug for a client, and it’s turning into a large one.

I switched www.wraplabs.com from HTTP to HTTPS, updated my General settings to https://www.wraplabs.com, used Better Search Replace to swap out HTTP/HTTPS on my MySQL tables, and everything ran smoothly.

I did a major Pro theme update, then noticed that the site was starting to break. The HTTPS switches in my MySQL tables were reverting to HTTP, the site was throwing all kinds of mixed content warnings, lots of pages weren’t rendering correctly. Most frequently, the wraplabs.com/contact/ page was breaking, making it impossible for inbound leads to contact Wrap Labs.

So, condensed version:

1. switched wraplabs.com from HTTP to HTTPS
  2. things worked great, removed all warnings, used Better Search Replace to make MySQL changes
  3. major Pro theme update, install went great, a day or so later I start seeing HTTP/HTTPS mixed content warnings
  4. I fix the issue with combination of Better Search Replace & W3 Total Cache
  5. The issue re-appears within 48-72 hours (very frustrating)

I fix the issue the same way each time:

• Go into Better Search Replace & run the following commands on ALL tables
    • replace HTTP with HTTPS
    • replace HTTPSS with HTTPS
    • replace HTTPSSS with HTTPS
  • go to W3 Total Cache > run Empty All Caches
  • refresh page in question

This fixes ALL the issues. Until the site reverts within 48 hours and I have to run the fix all over again…

Let me know if there’s anything really obvious I’m missing here. Thank you!

• Alex

Our Location with the HTTPS Mixed Content Bug:

Our Location showing the actual Mixed Content errors in Console:

Our Location post-Better Search Replace HTTP/HTTPS fix:

Screenshot of Wrap Labs ‘General’ settings:

Better Search Replace screenshot HTTP to HTTPS:

Hi Alex,

Thank you for writing in, please backup your database first then do the search and replace twice:

You can also follow the migration method provided here.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.