SVG no longer working in PRO

I can still see the SVG files I have previously used on the website. For example my logo. However when I try and update my logo, it goes from displaying the SVG file in headers to just nothing. And gives the image dimension of 1px by 1px.

I noticed on this article, someone else has had a very similar error since the latest version of the Pro Theme. https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/svg-images-in-buttons/49272

I am currently using Wordpress 4.9.9, Pro Theme 2.4.6,

1 Like

Hello Ben,

Thanks for writing in! Since you are already up to date, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look?

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

Secure Note has been added

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the credentials but It did not work, please check.

In the meantime, please do a test for a plugin conflict, specifically the plugin/function you use to upload an SVG file (by default WP does not allow svg)

Cheers!

Secure note has been updated.

I do not have any problems uploading SVGs. And the Logo on the website is currently a SVG file. But even if I try and change the SVG file to one already uploaded in the gallery it doesn’t work.

Hi There,

It might be the caching issue. I was able to change the logo to another SVG image:

• OLD:

• NEW:

Could you please purge all the plugins/server cache and browser cache then check again?

Let us know how it goes!

I have just tried to change it myself. Have a look and see if you can see it

Please look at this as soon as possible as my site is no longer displaying a logo. I have checked on multiple browsers and devices. Server cache has been cleared

Hello Ben,

Please check out the secure note.

CDN has been turned off

Still nothing

This is really crap. I have been building sites using the X Theme for the past 5 years, and on every site I have used svg files. The X Theme and Pro Theme is something I’m by no means a novice at. I don’t really want to switch my work flow to a different platform like divi or avada, but it’s something I’m seriously going to have to consider if this continues.

Sorry, just frustrating

1 Like

I have just done a completely fresh install of wordpress and Pro Theme so there couldn’t have been any conflicting plugins. Here is a video showing my frustration.

Hello Ben,

Your video is not playing. Please double check.

Meanwhile, when adding an svg image, disable the retina option so that you can adjust the width and height of the svg image.

Hope this helps.

There is a Dropbox link to the video within the secure note

I have found out the problem. If I open Pro Header in safari it shows .svg files as 1px by 1px regardless of if I have Retina selected or not. However if I open in Chrome, the svg file shows up along with dimensions.

Is it possible to get svg file to work in Safari in next update. Also, if you have safari can you try it from your end?

1 Like

Hi There,

I can confirm this issue on my local installation.

The scaling image is not working properly with the SVG files. You can take a look at this article:

To temporarily fix this issue, please add this custom CSS under Theme Options > CSS:

.x-image-preserve-ratio img {
    width: 100%;
    height: auto;
}

Or switch the type of image to Standard instead of Scaling and set fixed width for it:

I’ve also added this to our bug tracker. It should be fixed in upcoming updates.

Regards!

Completely not what I meant but appreciate you requesting that bug to be fixed also

Thanks, please stay tuned from the updates! Since SVG is a vector, there is no fixed dimension. What’s get is the dimension equivalent to its container. So it may work differently on some browsers.

Again. Not what I was talking about. But ok

Hey Ryan,

Our developers is already looking into this.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Regards.