Support on updating

Good morning,

I’m trying to update a website (melbaperformingartscenter.com).

I’m needing to do an update to the theatre material and I can’t figure out how to change the pictures on the homepage.

Could you point me in the right direction? Also, do I need to update to a new version? I operate another website - rocketdigital.agency - and it seems the interface is different.

Thanks for your help!

-Brad

Hey Brad,

You’re using a really old version of X and Visual Composer . Please see the changes in X here. For Visual Composer info and usage instructions, please see https://wpbakery.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/VC/overview.

It is strongly recommended that you update for security reasons. Please see our update guide.

Thanks.

Thanks for the information. I’ll upgrade it. It has been so long ago. Is there an instruction sheet on getting that accomplished? Maybe it is a simple process, but I can’t remember even where it is hosted or what the theme is…

You need to manually update since the version you’re using does not have an automatic update feature. Please see the update guide. Scroll down to the Manual update section.

Thanks.

Thanks. The update has been manually installed. Using Cornerstone, it just shows the header and footer and no content, such as the photos, etc. I haven’t been able to figure that out. Thoughts?

Also, I have two licenses and didn’t know which was which. Where can I find the information? I put the wrong one in and need to correct it.

Thanks.

Hello There,

When Cornerstone is not displaying the content, please try to refresh the page. A time out may have occurred which is why it did not display. If still nothing is working, you can make use of the skeleton mode when editing for faster response and easy access of the elements on the preview area.

Meanwhile, ​we recommend that you increase your memory allocated to PHP. To increase it, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

We would loved to know if this has work for you. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.