Support Iconify

I wish you would replace the icons that you support in the PRO, with supporting Iconify:
https://iconify.design/

This is so optimised, and very light, and doesn’t affect the site optimization and page load at all! Fully open source project and completely free.

And providing +22K icons!
https://iconify.design/icon-sets/

This way not only we get rid of loading font awesome and … in the theme, but we also will get +22K icons to choose from in the icon picker, from all the icons that we can imagine on the web!

Hi There,

To implement the Iconify to your website, please setup a child theme first:

After that add this custom code to the functions.php file locates in your child theme:

add_action( 'wp_head', 'add_head_script' );
function add_head_script(){
	?>
	<script src="//code.iconify.design/1/1.0.0-rc5/iconify.min.js"></script>
	<?php
}

Then you can add any icons to your text element:

<span class="iconify" data-icon="fa:home"></span> <span class="iconify" data-icon="noto:bird"></span>

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Thanks @thai

What I meant by supporting was actually in your icon picker, and then completely get rid of FA.

Iconify also has icon picker, which filters based on anything, like icon package and … and it has fast search to quickly get the icon from all packages.

I talked to Iconify’s develop.

He said: “…icon picker… integrated into customiser or blocks. If any developer familiar with WordPress would help with that, it would be awesome. I can provide JavaScript icon finder component and adapt styling to match WordPress layout, but I do need help adding that icon picker to WordPress.”

Having Iconify Icon Picker in PRO will take it to the next level :+1:

Hello @Dadparvar,

Thanks for updating the thread.

As of now Fontawesome is the goto icon package for web developers. However, I am taking this as a feature request and will add the same into our internal issue tracker for our developers to take a look. I can’t give you a guarantee that it will be integrated into our products but can assure you that our developer will give it a consideration based on the demands of community members.

Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.