Superfly issue

Had some issues with installing / activating this plugin.

When I go to the extensions, I install and try to activate - it fails - error link gives a blank page.

I see on the server it has installed, as well as plugin folder.

I activate from plugin folder - it appears all good.

But on f/end of site - I see the following error …

Warning: get_object_vars() expects parameter 1 to be object, array given in /home/g3websol/public_html/borntobeworthless.com/wp-content/plugins/superfly-menu-bX6jOa/main.php on line 722

Hello @shamrockoz,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

1. First, please try to increase the PHP memory limit. Click here for more detailed information and how to increase the PHP memory limit.
  2. Next, login to FTP and under /wp-content/plugins/ directory delete Superfly folder.
  3. Install and activate Superfly plugin from X/Pro > Validation > Extensions.

To get started with FTP, please take a look at following resource. https://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/how-to-use-filezilla-with-wordpress-8956

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks.

Done - installs - fails to activate …

Hi @shamrockoz,

I was able to replicate the failing of activation the Superfly plugin from the extensions dashboard, although I was able to activate it under the plugins panel without any issue.

Try doing this, please delete the Superfly plugin again, then reinstall it. Do not activate it yet.

Login to your server via FTP and navigate to this directory /wp-content/plugins/ look for the superfly-menu-xxxxxx folder, rename that folder to just superfly-menu, then navigate back to your admin dashboard and activate it.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

Still having issues …

So, did what you said, I remained in b/end in Validation / installing superfly. Went to the server, renamed, returned to validation screen and tried to activate -received an error.

Returned to the Plugin page, activated …

But - on f/end of site I receive the following ( as explained above ).

Warning: get_object_vars() expects parameter 1 to be object, array given in /home/g3websol/public_html/borntobeworthless.com/wp-content/plugins/superfly-menu/main.php on line 722

Hello @shamrockoz,

Thanks for updating in! You are still getting a PHP warning. Please disable the debug mode. You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should no longer be seeing those PHP Warnings.

Please let us know how it goes.

Will do …

But is this masking an issue with Superfly?

Also - is this a preferred option where other problems will not show.

I understand the problem can be replicated - do you also see the Php warning on the front end?

Just gone into file on my host - Siteground, and it is already set to false …

Hi,

I checked on my test sites and I am not getting this warning.

Can you check your php version and make sure it is PHP version 7.2 or greater as required by wordpress

You can check using this third party plugin

You could also try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Nope - no conflicts with existing Plugins, I deactivated each and every one. As soon as I activate Superfly - errors come back. I am on PHP v 7.2.

I then deactivated / deleted Superfly and no more messages.

I then did the following -:

Validation - installed Superfly
Server, renamed folder to “superfly-menu”
Back-end, refreshed page, Validation and activate - error when trying to install.
Went into Plugins, and activated
Errors come back again on f/end

At this point I feel there is an issue with Superfly on my install - do you need to log into the b/end and sort out what’s going on?

Hey @shamrockoz,

The message that you see is only a warning and notices and warnings don’t have an effect to the functionality of your site or a specific plugin. It just means that though the developers want their products to be perfect, some areas might be skipped or missed due to lack of resource (i.e. time).

I’ll post that warning in our issue tracker so the Superfly developers would be made aware and might give us feedback as to what is causing that.

For now, you can hide notices and warnings by turning off debugging in your site. To do that, follow the Example wp-config.php for Debugging at https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress

Thanks.

Christian,

Not sure you understand the gravity of the situation.

My client’s site - on the front end - is littered with 1/2 page of warnings.

This cannot happen. This is a site I designed a long time ago - and I recently came across these warnings.

Please visit the site in question … borntobeworthless.com and you’ll see what I mean.

Regarding debugging - this was always turned off at the server end.

Hi @shamrockoz,

I installed the debug bar plugin and confirmed that WP_DEBUG is toggled off. What I noticed are the cache hits, SiteGround has internal caching but I’m not seeing the plugin the manages this. Have you deleted it?

The warnings are about the data being passed but empty, so maybe it’s accessing some part of the object cache and failed or similar. I can’t reproduce this on my installation, so please try creating a staging of your site (SiteGround feature) where caches are inactive. Then I’ll try troubleshooting it there without affecting your main site.

Thanks!

Cheers.

I’ll do what you suggest - also, I’ll install SGs cache plugin.

Will reply soon.

Sure, let us know how it goes.

And they are gone by installing SG caching plugin and running it.

I see, glad it’s gone now. Caching has great impact to a setup, both good and bad so we always recommend managing them periodically as the theme and its bundled plugin has no way to control it directly. And please note that having multiple cache features and plugin is overkill and instead of helping, it will cause more issues. Thanks!

I am seeing odd behaviour with Superfly.

I have it on for Desktop / Mobile and it shows all the way through.

As soon as I turn it off for Desktop - it does not show for mobile.

Any ideas?

Hi @shamrockoz,

The Superfly menu shows fine on my end in mobile,

And hidden on Desktop

Try clearing your browser’s cache.

I advise to CLEAR and Deactivate all your caching features (SG Optimizer and WP Rocket) for a while until you finished developing the site, this will help to see the changes on the site immediately.

Thanks,

Thanks for the advice - I actually finished the site about a yr ago.

Even after I cleared my chrome browser cache - I still cannot see superfly. I’ll investigate further.

Appreciated …