Super slow load times

Hi!
Ever since we updated to X5 some time ago our site has been really slow. We are now on the latest version (6.4.6?) and it’s equally as slow. Cornerstone and Slider Revolution are also updated.

To be specific Revolution Slider is what’s slowing the site down. If we deactivate Revolution Slider the home page loads in 3 seconds. With it activated load time are about 30 seconds. There’s no obvious reason for this. There are 4 sliders on the home page – ranging from 100k to about 2.5 MB. Smart loading to activated for each of these sliders. We’ve tried removing each of the 4 sliders and load times are reduced 1-2 seconds for each one removed.

In the newer versions of cornerstone the sliders are in a “classic Revolution slider” element-- so I’m wondering if these sliders need to be converted or something? (again we are running the latest v of Rev Slider.

Can someone shed some light??

http://colorsstudios.com

Many thanks!

Hi @spaulgal,

Thanks for reaching out.

The slider element within cornerstone is just a wrapper or a placeholder so the builder knows it’s the slider for previewing. But it shouldn’t affect the loading speed since it’s only meant for builder side and not for the live page.

I checked and it doesn’t seem to be a loading issue, but processing issue and the server is taking time to process and generate the slider. Hence, more waiting time, have you tried increasing your site’s memory limit? And please upgrade your PHP version to 7.2 as well, it still 5.6

Please provide your admin login credentials in the secure note and I’ll check the configuration.

Thanks!

I added the credentials above. Please do take a look. My host is my buddy and he’ll argue endlessly that 5.6 is better for security, so please lmk if that is definitely the issue cause I have to pick my battles thanks!

Hi @spaulgal,

Unfortunately, the given login information did not work for me. I also double checked the case and should second my colleague about the slow server case. I do understand that the Revolution Slider is causing the latency, but the latency itself is a server issue.

You can test that in the Chrome browser after you clear the browser cache. When the loading circle on the top of the tab is grayed out and circles slowly it is waiting for the server to answer. And the blue more speedy circling is when the actual data is loading. Now the grayed out circle is the bottleneck here, so it doesn’t matter if you use smaller images or not, the server response is slow.

This is a matter of server quality and the best case to test is to temporarily migrate your website to another server and do the speed test.

I also did the test in the GTMatrix speed testing tool:
https://gtmetrix.com/reports/colorsstudios.com/YkTSxnUw

If you go to the Waterfall tab there, you will see that the first load of the site took 27 seconds!

Unfortunately, we can not offer a solution as this is not something related to our product.

Thank you for your understanding.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.