Submenu in pro not showing

Hi there, i’ve been trying to figure out why i can’t get my submenu to show up. it was there, but where you had to click to get to the pages didn’t match up with where the text was located. after shifting some margin and padding numbers around now i can’t find the submenu at all. i’ve been playing with this for hours and have read similar forum questions to try to do what they say in other responses. unfortunately nothing is working. site is h247.net

edit: i just refreshed my website and i can see the submenu on the site but not in the header editor…weird. the problem with the click not corresponding to the word is still a problem however. Also, i’m noticing that part of the second link “instagram” is cut off on the bottom.

Hi @HereIsMy_com,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your site and it’s only a z-index issue, your second bar has a higher z-index than your first bar which is cutting off the menu item in the first bar. To fix the issue, inspect your first Bar in Header Builder (see screenshot)

Then change the z-index to 1

And then inspect your second Bar and change the z-index to 0

To learn more about z-index property please see https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_pos_z-index.asp

Let us know how this goes!

I’ve made that change but unfortunately the links still aren’t working correctly. It also didn’t fix the appearance of the last submenu item being cut off. for some reason, when i click on “Social” it is taking me to the pinterest page, even though the “Social” menu item is set to be unclickable via custom link set to #. The pinterest submenu option and the Instagram submenu option both click through to the instagram page. Any other ideas?

Hello @HereIsMy_com,

​We need to check your navigation inline element settings. To assist you better with this issue, would you mind providing us the url of your site with login credentials so we can take a closer look? This is to ensure that we can provide you with a tailored answer to your situation.

To do this, you can create a secure note with the following info:
– Link to your site
– WordPress Admin username / password

To know how to create a secure note, please check this out: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/how-to-get-support/288

Thank you.

secure note above in my last message. thanks!

The solution Nabeel suggested works. The issue now is because of the negative margins you’ve set for the Navigation Inline > Dropdown and Navigation Inline > Sublinks. Please watch the screencast in the secure note see how I fixed it.

I’d recommend that you know the difference between Margin and Padding. Below is a good article about that.

Thanks.

Thank you for the video explanation. that was really helpful. i see on your end in the video that the submenu appears to be directly under the main menu social heading. however, on my laptop, it appears to be off to the left of the social heading. screenshot below. anyway to fix that? or is it just going to look different because it’s not on a desktop?

Hi There,

Please set your Inline Menu’s dropdown width to auto

Currently, your dropdown is set to 10em, which on laptop there is not enough space in the right side for the dropdown so it pushed itself on the left-side to accommodate that 10em.

Thanks,

Thank you so much! You guys are so helpful! I am having one more issue with the header (seems like as soon as one thing is fixed another problem pops up!). My logo in the header has been instructed to link to the home page, but for some reason it isn’t clicking through.

Hi There,

Since your logo images are in Bar 2, and Bar 2 has lower z-index than Bar 1, it is not obvious but Bar 1 is actually covering your logo images that is why you can not click it.

But because of that original issue regarding z-index, you might need to re-structure your header to place the logo images on the Bar 1.

Have 2 containers on the Bar 1, left container for logos and right container for navigations.

Set the Horizontal flex of the left (1st) container to start, and end for the right (2nd) container.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

THANK YOU! That makes so much sense. I truly appreciate the help, I have finally gotten everything the way it needs to be!

We are delighted to assist you with this.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.