Styling different parts of the post title

hey ThemeX crew,

1. I was wondering how I can introduce different css classes to parts of the h1 class in a post.
    I could use span classes in the post title, but that would mess up the RSS feed by introducing these markups such as <span> or </br>.

Is there a more elegant way? Alternatively how can I introduce new elements and position them in the same container as the title or utilise other elements such as the most meta in this container?

1. How can I place the category tag above the post title like so and adjust symbols and styling of the meta tag (running on the integrity stack)

Thx :slight_smile:

Hi there,

The things you have listed that what you are trying to achieve does not have options that is available out of the box. These are achievable but would require some customization that unfortunately goes beyond our support.

However, here are some tips to get you started:

I am not certain what you mean by this. Do you mean you want to add a class to the post title? If so, you can override the theme template. You can do using a child theme.

It is the file _content-post-header.php which is in /wp-content/themes/x/framework/views/integrity/. You will see the post title in that file and you can simply add the CSS class to the title.

You can also add the code to place the category above the title.

The best way to achieve this is to override the template and not through the builder because there are not available elements in Cornerstone such as category and post meta.

Hope this gets you started.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.