Styling blog pages in Ethos

I am at the final stages of a website I am designing with X. One thing I am struggling with is how to style the blog section, as seen here: http://77.104.144.159/~aipinc06/news/. I would like to put a header/banner image at the top like I have in all my other pages, which I diud using cornerstone. Also I can’t figure how to get 2 columns in the blog pages. Please can you advise? Thank you.

Hello There,

Thanks for writing in!

1.) The Blog index cannot be edited using Cornerstone or even the default WordPress editor. You can only add a custom content using some custom development. And because what you are trying to accomplish requires a template customization, we would highly to suggest that you use a child theme. This allows you to make code changes that won’t be overwritten when an X update is released.

After the child theme is set up, please add the following code in your child theme’s functions.php file

// Displaying custom Content on Blog Page
// =============================================================================
function add_custom_content () {

if( is_home() ) {
    $post = get_post( get_option( 'page_for_posts' ) ); ?>

<div id="x-section-0" class="x-section bg-image parallax" style="margin: 0px; padding: 55px 0px; background-image: url(&quot;http://77.104.144.159/~aipinc06/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/color-yellow-blue.jpg&quot;); background-color: transparent; background-position: 50% 9px;" data-x-element="section" data-x-params="{&quot;type&quot;:&quot;image&quot;,&quot;parallax&quot;:true}">
      <div class="x-container max width" style="margin: 0px auto;padding: 0px;">
        <div class="x-column x-sm x-1-1" style="padding: 0px;">
          <h1 class="h-custom-headline cs-ta-center man h-resp h1" style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255); text-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.75) 0px 0.05em 0.25em; font-size: 64px;"><span>Our Work</span></h1>
        </div>
      </div>
    </div>
    <span id="x-responsive-text-1" data-x-element="responsive_text" data-x-params="{&quot;selector&quot;:&quot;.h-resp&quot;,&quot;compression&quot;:&quot;1.5&quot;,&quot;minFontSize&quot;:&quot;48px&quot;,&quot;maxFontSize&quot;:&quot;64px&quot;}"></span>  

<?php }

}
add_action('x_after_view_global__index', 'add_custom_content');

// =============================================================================

And to display 2 columns in your blog index, please go to X > Theme Options > Blog and set the Columns to Two.

Please let us know if this works out for you.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.