Style problem when translating a page

Hello,

I’m re-opening a new ticket for a new website but we have this problem on all our website since one of your major update (I can’t remember exactly which one, but one who changed the structure of the sections and how they are named).

This time, I filmed a video to show you exactly what is my problem.
The website is brand new and not designed yet so the problem doesn’t depend on anything else than your Theme+WPML.

The problem is: when we translate a page, the translation works but it breaks the structure and the style of the page. The only way we found to fix it was to import a template of an old section (from before your update) and to use it. It’s not really ideal and we can’t use the nice background’s options…

You can watch the video of my problem here:

Thanks

Hello @roivitopeleg,

Thanks for asking. :slight_smile:

I suggest you to please try out the solution mentioned in following thread and see how it goes.

In case problem is still there, please share website login details in secure note for us to take a closer look.

Thanks.

I don’t really get what is their solution so I created you an admin user to have a look:

After translating a page, if you re-save the cornerstone builder, the page looks nice again, that’s the only solution I found.

Hey @roivitopeleg,

You’re using WPML’s Translation Editor which only works with Classic Elements. Though you’re using Classic Elements in your home page, the Structural Elements (Section, Row and Columns) are non-Classic or V2 that’s maybe why your experiencing this issue.

Anyway though, Pro and Cornerstone now uses the manual translation method so it’s recommended that you use the translation flags. If you open a page in Cornerstone, you’ll see the flag buttons in the lower right hand corner. You will need to use those flag buttons to translate your content.

You also need to set WPML > Settings > How to translate posts and pages to Create translations manually.

Thanks.

Thanks, that’s fine for this website because we only have 2 languages and a few pages, but with this solution it means every time we change anything to a page, we have to redo exactly the same thing on the other language, which is time consuming and really inconvenient.

Do you plan to fix the Classic Translation Editor? We have a lot of multi-languages websites and if you don’t fix this, we will have to stop using your theme and find another one fully compatible with WPML, and that’s sad because we like your theme :frowning:

Hi Ace,

You mean the one in your video? I’m not sure if it’s going to be fixed since it’s not a bug. The builder requires an actual copy of the page to work, and the one in your video uses a single page and only translate its content. Hence, it’s not really going to work with the builder. Please note that a builder contains structure, editing and modifying just the content or even introduced a malformed content will really break the structure. And the reason why the builders need an actual copy to load, that’s to wrap all structures while you’re translating the content within the builder.

And it should work the same, you’re just translating it within the builder. BUT, when a page is first created without a translation, it should give you options to create from blank or from existing page. That way, you don’t need to rebuild it if you prefer to starts from an existing page, just translate it all the way.

(If it’s not yet translated, this should appear if you click the language flag)

Else, you can simply save the current content as a template and import it to the supposed to be a translated page and translate it.

Thanks!

Hi Rad,
This feature used to work perfectly fine before your update, so I don’t know how it can’t be a bug. If something was working and is not anymore, then either someone decided to remove it (and I don’t understand why anyone would do that) either it broke. As I explained before, the goal of doing it this way is to be able to change a page’s design like I want even after the page is translated and still have the same design in all languages, instead of having to save the template of the page, go to the other language version one by one, delete the content of the page, import the template, re-translate all the page.

Can we agree this solution is a long process compared to just have the texts translated?

Hey @roivitopeleg,

What @Rad was trying to say was, the builder now uses V2 elements (including structural elements like Section, Row and Column) and V2 elements is not compatible with WPML’s Translation Editor. With that said, this is not a bug. There is just technically no method to connect the new V2 elements to WPML’s Translation Editor. You will need to use the Manual Translation method using the Flag Icons.

Would you mind creating a test page with All Classic elements only including Classic Section and test if the old WPML’s Translation Editor still works? You can add a classic section using the guide at https://youtu.be/EZ0CJWUarmo

I’m sorry but we could neither agree nor disagree if the new method would take a long process compared to the translation editor because some users might find the manual method faster or they might like the added benefit of live preview of the other language and also having the option to create a totally new layout for the other language.

Thanks.

Okay, I understand that you can’t admit that it’s a problem, just keep in mind that your company created the V2 elements, and those V2 elements are not compatible with WPML’s translation Editor, so your company created something not compatible with WPML. Period.

I don’t want to sue you or get you in trouble or anything, I just want to find a way to work properly with translations on my side. But apparently there is nothing else to do than duplicating pages. Which is not optimal but I don’t really have the choice.

Thanks anyway

You’re welcome, @roivitopeleg. I just want to make clear though that it is not to our liking that WPML’s Translation Editor won’t work with the V2 elements. Like I’ve said, it currently is not technically possible that is why the currently provided solution are those translation flags in the builder which is using the manual translation method.

I just wish you try my suggestion of using the all Classic Elements. The Classic and V2 elements work differently and the reason why the Translation Editor works before is that it is compatible to how the Classic Elements work. It’s possible that creating powerful elements or system is not possible using the said method.

I hope you understand the difficulties also.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.