Stuck on loading page

Hello, I’ve read up on some solutions, but they don’t seem to help. I just upgraded the site, and Cornerstone seems stuck. It loads the chrome to be able to select a page to edit, but only shows the cornerstone loading screen. Help!

What I did - upgrade PHP to 7.2
Set memory limit at 512kb.
I’m using Safari/Chrome and no difference.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out.

I couldn’t find anything from your sites in your account, would you mind providing the exact site’s URL and admin login credentials in the secure note?

For the meantime, you could try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

Let us know how it goes!

Hi, The site I’m referring to is open-nys.org - it should be on file. I did also try disabling plugins, those centered around caching - namely Jetpack. I have two plugins that handle forms and other essential functionality. Should I attempt to disable them as well? How do I send admin credentials in a secure way?

Hi Michael,

You mentioned:

Kindly try to set the PHP memory limit 512MB. To post the admin credentials securely, please post it in a Secure Note:

Er, my mistake, I did set to 512 MB. Also, I can add the credentials, but if you could take a quick look, this loading issue appears on the console - cannot load /plugins/cornerstone/…/js/heubert.js.map.

Hi,

Sorry but we need more information than just a screenshot. Please provide us your wordpress admin login in Secure Note so we can further check on this.

Thanks

The credentials are sent. Thanks!

Hi @mdain,

Since it’s your live site, I did not do any changes. If you can create a staging site using the exact copy of your live site, we should be able to perform some testing to investigate the issue further. You can refer to the following resource on how to create a copy of your site:

After that, please provide us with URL/User/Pass of your staging site using the Secure Note functionality of the post to follow up the case.

Thank you.

I have a staging site - dev.open-nys.org. However, that site works. I didn’t do the update that seems to have broken things. I guess the answer is to make that one live. That is, unless you suggest I update and "break’ that site.

Hi Michael,

It appears to be caused by one of the plugins, but it could be caused by combinations of multiple plugins. The issue disappears once all plugins are inactive (except cornerstone).

I still recommend the plugin conflict test to find the culprit. Please deactivate them all except cornerstone, then the cornerstone builder will loads okay.

Thanks!

Ok, so if a plugin provides functionality I need but conflicts with Cornerstone, is there some kind of way to revert back, since I suppose it’s an update they made? But I will go that route and see which one it is.

Hello Michael,

When the plugin is preventing Cornerstone to load up, you can temporarily deactivate the plugin and then edit the page in Cornerstone. As soon as you are done editing, you can activate the plugin back again. This is the quickest way to edit the page without any hiccup.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.