Stuck on loading after updating X and conerstone

Hi there,
After updating both X Theme, and cornerstone to the newest version, cornerstone is now stuck on the loading screen.
It’s really frustrating :slight_smile:

I’ll leave all the details on a secure note down in the comments

Hello Aske,

I have just tried to login on your site and opened some pages on Cornerstone and they are loading pretty quickly and fine.

Have you tried to clear your browser cache? Also please try to clear your site’s cache.

Oh god… Clearing my cache helped! I’m sorry for wasting your time. Have a wonderfull day!

No worries at all! Glad to hear it’s sorted. :slight_smile:

Since the conversion from WordPress 5.1 my preview of Cornerstone does not work anymore. The media library is no longer loaded. Unfortunately all updates of Cornerstone did not bring any success. This is a disaster!

Hello Oli,

Have you checked if you have both X and Cornerstone updated to the latest version? If you have not kindly make sure both are updated and remember to clear all caches when updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors or any unexpected display issue on the site.

If the issue persists please check any Javascript error when you go to the Media Library. Please check this link to see how to check for Javascript errors. If you are seeing errors, try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

In case no error is present, you can login through FTP then edit the wp-config.php file and find the line: define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );. Set it to true then save the file. Log back in the admin area and you should be able to see some more error information when you redo the steps you are having issues with.

If you are getting an error message that suggests: Fatal error: Allowed memory size of xxxxx bytes exhausted, it means that you need to have the PHP memory limit of your site increased.

To do this, please edit your wp-config.php file and insert these lines:

define( 'WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );
    define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

You can add it before the line
/*That's all, stop editing! Happy Blogging. */

Here is a details article about the PHP Memory Limit that is in our Knowledge Base:

In case the issue persists, please try to get in touch with your hosting provider and confirm to them that your PHP memory limit is increased.

If you are still having an issue, please post a new thread provide us with the admin and FTP details of your site in a Secure Note so that we can check this further.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.