Stop footer image from shrinking

Hello, I’m trying to prevent an image from shrinking in size (as in I would like the image to remain a certain px size on all screens) that is located in my footer. In the container I have the image and some text that are aligned horizontally. I’m assuming this has something to do with the flex of the container and bar, but if possible I would like to keep the image and text in the same container. Thanks!

Hey Michael,

Thanks for writing in!

Please edit your footer and make sure that the Retina option is disabled in the image settings.

Hope this helps. Kindly let us know.

Thanks for your quick reply!
I already have the retina option disabled.
I should have noted that the image is 834px by 470px and I’m (trying to) use the max width and width options under setup to regulate the size of the image. I have both of those set at 75px, which works perfectly on my computers, but does not on mobile.

Hello Michael,

There aren’t enough space to display the image because of the width taken by the text element. It is best that you create another bar footer and design it exclusively for smaller screens. The current bar should only be visible for desktop screens. You can make this possible by utilizing the “Hide During Breakpoints” option in the bar settings. To know more about “Hide During Breakpoints” option, please check this out:

Hope this helps. Please let us know how it goes.

I solved my problem by setting the inline CSS on the image to the following:
$el { flex-shrink: 0; }
I probably should have specified that I didn’t care that the text next to the image could overflow onto a new line.

Thanks!

Hey Michael,

We are glad that you have figured it out a way to correct the said issue.
If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

Best Regards.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.