Still getting a jQuery type error on my site

Hello, this is a revisit to an older issue I was running into a week ago, here is the original question:

"Hi, when you go onto my site (listed below) on mobile, the hamburger menu shows up, but when you click on it, it brings the menu up then immediately makes it disappear.

I did inspect and it looks like there is a problem with jQuery:

“Uncaught TypeError: jQuery(…).flexslider is not a function” is the error I’m getting

Any help will be appreciated!

https://cconations.com1"

To fix the issue, I was told to flush the SuperCache from my hosting provider (SIteground) which I did. However, I am still running into this issue, and the hamburger button is not working on mobile, which is the result of this I am assujming.

Any further help would be appreciated! THank you.

Hey Ryan,

I see the issue. The classes being applied to the menu gets removed. I’m not sure what is causing this yet.

Please try testing for a plugin conflict. You can do this by deactivating all third party plugins, and seeing if the problem remains. If it’s fixed, you’ll know a plugin caused the problem, and you can narrow down which one by reactivating them one at a time.

If that does not help, please give us WP Admin access in a Secure Note.

Thanks.

I do not have any plugins that I believe are causing the issue so I have issued a Secure Note. THank you for your quick response.

Hi,

It’s the code in your child theme that is causing the issue.

Please remove this line in your footer.php

<script src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-3.2.1.slim.min.js" integrity="sha384-KJ3o2DKtIkvYIK3UENzmM7KCkRr/rE9/Qpg6aAZGJwFDMVNA/GpGFF93hXpG5KkN" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>

Wordpress by default adds jquery library, no need to add it again.

If you would not like to use the default and add your own, you may refer to the link below

Thanks

That worked! Thanks

You’re more than welcome, glad we could help.

Cheers!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.