Sticky header height is collapsing

Hello,

I have a simple sticky header and when I scroll down the bottom of the header is collapsing. Can you help me understand why this is? It appears the padding is being cut off. Using Google Devtools, I note the height seems to be set at 48px although I’m not clear how this number is being calculated.

Hey @christianatforpac,

It’s coming from the script that is responsible for shrinking the header when you scroll down. The height of your header content is 48px, that is the value is being used by the script because your bar’s height was set to auto. You’re using the padding settings to make up your bar’s height.

Please try setting your Bar’s height to 68px. It will remove the bar’s padding so you’ll need to use the Content Length and Max Length to contain your content.

I also want to encourage you to update Pro to the latest version as there has been many improvements to the sticky behavior. You can see the details in our Changelog. Before updating, please check and follow the best practices when updating your theme and plugins.

Hope that helps.

Ok, thanks very much. That appears to have resolved the issue.

You’re welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.