Sticky bar, Ubermenu, and flyouts

Hi there,

Seems I’m stuck with two issues, and I hope there are easy answers to get me going again:

I’m using your Sticky Bars Header template for a PRO based project. A great template, it looks beautiful and works well. Except for my two, hopefully minor, issues:

1. I would like to use Ubermenu with flyout menus. It works - but the space for the flyout menus seems to be limited to the sticky bar space. And you don’t get too many menu items into that very limited vertical space. There must be a way to make the flyouts overlap the area below the sticky bar, but I haven’t found it yet!

2. Menu font size - is that a matter of Ubermenu settings, or of PRO parameters? Where would I set the menu font?

Thanks, and best regards

Harald

Hey Harald,

1. I’ve set up UberMenu in a Pro header in my test site and I didn’t experience what you have described. The setup must be different on your end. Would you mind giving us your site’s WordPress Login URL, Username and Password in a Secure Note so we could replicate your setup?

2. It should be set in UberMenu settings like this:

For more details, please see https://sevenspark.com/docs/ubermenu-3/settings/menu

Thanks.

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your quick response! It’s great to know that the problem seems to be on my side!

As I’m developing on a local (MAMP) server, I don’t have a public URL, but will see if I can set up dynamic DNS access.

Harald

Sure, please let us know and we’ll check. Thanks!

Hi again Rad,

Didn’t have the time to set up dynamic DNS to for you to access my local server, but I hope you cam help anyway:

Just as an experiment I am using the Sticky Bars Header template that comes with PRO. I haven’t made any changes to anything except the menu.

If I assign my Ubermenu with flyouts to the standard Navigation Inline element, the flyouts can only expand to the bottom of the branded menu bar.

If I use any of the other PRO menu elements, I get a “Hamburger” menu, not the top row of the top level menu elements next to each other.

Where is my mistake?

Thanks!

Harald

Hi Harald,

Do you mean flyout content is cut? If yes, please inspect the Bar > Setup > Content Scrolling : Set this to OFF

If you don’t want the hamburger menu, please user Navigation INLINE element. instead.

Hope this helps.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.