Stick Top Bars

Hi X,

I am having some issues with the header I created on Pro for a client. They want to have a 3 column top bar (with linked text on either side of the logo) and site navigation below. They want both of these to stick on top of the site. I have managed to achieve the effect but I am encountering a few bugs, I hope you can help me address these issues.

1. The sticky header is not working on internet explorer
  2. On other browsers, the scrolling is not smooth, it seems to snap up abruptly when you start to scroll down the site. Is there a way to improve this?

Temporary site is set up here http://158.106.73.62/

Thank you,

Hey There,

Thanks for writing in! The given url is not displaying on our end.

Can you confirm that you are using the latest version of the theme?

Thank you in advance.

Hi RueNel,

What’s your ip? My firewall might be blocking it.

I am using Pro version 1.2.7

Hi there,

Unfortunately, we can not give the IP as each time another support agent will check the case and with different IP.

I checked the case and it is working ok. But I see what you mean by the problem you are experiencing regarding the sticky header. Unfortunately, there is a bug regarding the 2 sticky bars in the Header Builder which some of our customers were able to fix using the method below:

If that does not work for you will need to wait for upcoming releases for a fix.

Thank you for your understanding and patience/

Is there a way to stack the menu below content in 1 bar?

Hi There,

You can set your bar’s flex layout to column

If this does not work, please turn off your security plugin temporarily so we can take a look on the site.

Thanks,

Can you give me a general time you guys can look at the site so I can arrange for the firewall to be turned off. I work in EST.

Thank you

Hello There,

If you turn it off in the next five hours, we may be able to check it.

Regards.

hi there,
i experience the same problem. is there a fix for this soon?
the instructions in the video do not help in my case.
thanks! kai

@iTurtle, in that case, please start a new thread regarding this issue and provide the login credentials in a secure note and we’ll check it too.

Thanks!

hi rad. i did: https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/top-bar-does-not-stick-pro-header/23699 but the problem seems to be misunderstood there… thanks. kai

Hi,

I think i missed the window you gave me. I will turn it off tonight at 8pm EST if you guys could take a look then.

Thank you,

Hi Aaron,

I am able to check your site on IE and other browsers and I can see that you have applied a fixed already by adding fixed position on the containers of the bar instead.

@Kai,

I have checked your thread and temporary fixed was suggested and you have also confirmed it works.

Regarding the main issue of fixed navbar on IE and multiple fixed bar on other all browsers, on the next release we are trying to address as many bugs as possible as stated on our status report. We don’t have a list yet, which bug are address or not but rest assured it will be on our changelog once available. Thank you for understanding.

Is there any css i can add to make the mouse scroll smoother?

Hi There,

Nope, no CSS can make the scrolling smoother. You can utilize the Smooth Scroll extension instead. This works with IE with the right configuration (you need to do a trial and error, to get the right settings)

Thanks,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.