Staging Site is it resolved yet

sorry for the duplication I couldn’t re post in old post I been so busy working on my one site I forgot doubt this one

I was wondering if you guys happened to get with site ground and found a solution for this my delima which I noted in a previous post I put on here this is a hinder for me because I like the staging feature they have and your theme is the only one I use. thanks the problem is if I create a staging site through site grounds Cpanel feature I get this error message I hate having to make copy of site go to sub domain install it and then move it back. I tried hanging the two urls in settings and that didn’t work.

Hi There,

Thanks for writing in!

Can you please elaborate the issue a bit or you can point us to the post you are referring for.

Thanks

There is a known issue between site ground and pro team with using a staging server you guys know about it last time I checked about a month or two ago you guys were working on it with site ground to resolve the issue of you look at my previous notes and support tickets you can see the issue I go on site grounds website make a staging server of my pro theme site go to open the builder and get ThSt white box error I try to change the two site links in settings gas and it doesn’t work thanks for being awsome

Hello There,

Thanks for updating in!

We still do not have any resolution on this matter. SiteGround configurations has not been helpful in resolving this issue.

Please refer to this thread:

In the meantime, we suggest that you create your staging site on a different server. You may use sites such as https://pantheon.io/register

Thank you for your understanding.

i need something free i can just hit the button and i know others are having this issue thanks for the help

1 Like

also forgot to ask will there ever be a fix for this thanks

1 Like

Hi there,

Unfortunately, that is out of our hands. We do not have any control over it and the Siteground should fix the issue. The problem is that the tool does not change the actual URL of the website in the database and that is why the standard home_url function of the WordPress does not work correctly and our builder is heavily using that to determine the base URL of the assets.

We had been in contact with them and they provided this temporary workaround:

https://theme.co/apex/forum/t/troubleshooting-builder-preview-warnings/14404 (Read the last part related to the Siteground)

Even after that, we have reported that now people are experiencing the Too Many Redirects problem.

Regarding the other question, we can not give the official recommendation for 3rd party plugins but this article might be of a help for your research:

Thank you for your understanding.

ok thanks you guys for help on this sorry for being a pain

You’re most welcome!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.