Staging Site Inaccessible After Upgrade To Pro

hi

So I just bit the bullet and decided to upgrade to Pro from X. The license was a free one, so was not a huge issue.

I had already taken a backup yesterday, so there was no need to do that, so I firstly upgraded X to the latest and then downloaded Pro to my Mac and then used the Theme Upload option to upload and install Pro.

During the upgrade, this message appeared, “The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.”

That was over an hour ago, but no such email has been received, so not sure what to do.

I will supply login details in a secure note, though the login screen is where the error message shows, so I don’t even get to inputting login details

cheers

Hello @guybower1,

Thanks for writing in! Your site encountered a Fatal Error after the update. Please enable the debug mode. You can do this by opening wp-config.php and adding

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

When you revisit the page, you should have some error output describing the issue in more detail.

Please let us know how it goes.

hi Rue

OK, finally was able to edit that file and this is now the generated error.

Seems to be from the file bar.php on line 23, but not sure what the problem is

Regards

Notice: Undefined index: tco_google_analytics_code in /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-content/plugins/tco-google-analytics/functions/options.php on line 50

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function cs_compose_values() in /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/pro/bars/definitions/bar.php:23 Stack trace: #0 /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/pro/bars/setup.php(184): require_once() #1 /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): x_bars_element_setup('') #2 /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #3 /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-manager.php(11): do_action('cs_register_ele...') #5 /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-content/plugins/corne in /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/pro/bars/definitions/bar.php on line 23

Hi @guybower1,

Please kindly access your website files via FTP and rename the folders below:

• wp-content/plugins/tco-google-analytics/
  • wp-content/wp-content/themes/pro/

You can rename them to:

• wp-content/plugins/tco-google-analytics-old/
  • wp-content/wp-content/themes/pro-old /

That should bring back the website. Then please follow the steps mentioned below:

Thank you.

Hi Christopher

Thanks so much for your reply.

The first folder has been renamed, but I’m sorry, there is no such folder as the second one you mentioned. The pro folder’s location is *wp-content/themes/pro. There is no such folder as wp-content/wp-content/themes/pro

If that was just a typo, let me know and I can make the change straight away.

The second part of your instructions was was done prior to the upgrade. The licence was upgraded, X was then upgraded to the latest version and then pro was installed, which obviously failed, causing the error message. Any ideas what may have caused that issue?

Please let me know the correct location of the second folder and I will make the change straight away

Thanks again

Hi Christopher

OK, I read the error lines from the original error message and saw that it was just a typo, so renamed the pro folder. Here’s what happened.

As I said, the license upgrade was already done yesterday, so did not do that again, so I used the Upload Theme feature in WP and uploaded Pro again. The install happened without issue but as soon as I clicked Activate, the following error message presented:-

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function cs_compose_values() in /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/pro/bars/definitions/bar.php:23 Stack trace: #0 /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/pro/bars/setup.php(184): require_once() #1 /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): x_bars_element_setup('') #2 /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters('', Array) #3 /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cornerstone/includes/classes/elements/class-element-manager.php(11): do_action('cs_register_ele...') #5 /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-content/plugins/corne in /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-content/themes/pro/framework/functions/pro/bars/definitions/bar.php on line 23
The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Is it advisable to rename all of the folders mentioned, rather than just the two you indicated? wp-includes is one listed in the error message.

So not sure what we are going to do to get Pro working, as the installation seems to go fine, but the activation is a disaster. The licenses are fine, so not really sure what the issue is.

Regards

Hello

Just checking if we are any closer to a resolution to this. The Pro installation has caused errors now on both occasions, yet it is upgrading from the latest version of X and all the licensing was sorted prior to any attempted upgrade.

I have supplied the error messages from both times I installed. The second time seemed to go further than the first, actually installing, but falling over upon activation. The first one spat out the error upon installing.

Please assist me here, as at the moment, I have a staging site I am unable to use to do anything due to Pro causing some issues.

cheers

Hi @guybower1,

Cornerstone (Content builder) is built-in in PRO, so you need to deactivate Cornerstone first, before you activate PRO, or else it’ll cause a conflict.

You can deactivate Cornerstone via FTP by navigating to /wp-content/plugins/ and rename the cornerstone folder to something (e.g. cornerstone_x).

Remember to clear all your caching features (plugin, server-side, CDN, and browser’s cache) after updating so that the code from the latest release is always in use. This will help you to avoid any potential errors.

Hope it helps,
Cheers!

hi Friech

Thanks so much for your reply.

You may want to eidt that bit of information in your X To Pro Conversion page because it clearly states “You may notice that when you activate Pro, it automatically deactivates Cornerstone.” No mention of having to manually deactivate

I have now deactivated it by renaming the folder and cleared the caches and reloaded.

The only error message coming up now is this when I logout

"Notice: login_headertitle is deprecated since version 5.2.0! Use login_headertext instead. Usage of the title attribute on the login logo is not recommended for accessibility reasons. Use the link text instead. in /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4711"

Any idea of how to resolve that one?

Thanks so much

Hey @guybower1,

This is a PHP Notice:

Notice: login_headertitle is deprecated since version 5.2.0! Use login_headertext instead. Usage of the title attribute on the login logo is not recommended for accessibility reasons. Use the link text instead. in /mnt/data/home/102462.cloudwaysapps.com/hqfyphspzd/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4711

It is coming from S2 Member plugin. You may need to contact the creators of the plugin to address this issue.

I’ve temporarily deactivated your W3 Total Cache plugin so that the latest codes from the update will be used and not the old cached version of the site. I’ve also tried editing some of the pages in Pro builder and they are now loading.

If you need anything else we can help you with, don’t hesitate to open another thread.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.